Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2005 Scrambler running rough...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 07:49 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 Scrambler running rough...

Glad to hear you got it.Next time it shouldnt be as much trouble.Bet you spent that $110 the dealer wanted on beer to do this job

Old 12-29-2007, 09:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You got that right! When I was cleaning up I found two locking washers and two nuts that some how didn't get back on the machine. I think they belong to the bolts holding the gas tank down but I'm not sure. I checked if the gas tank could move and it can't so I'm not terribly worried. My friend who works on machines said that anything left over is "profit" but you don't want too much "profit" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-29-2007, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to any Auto parts Store and ask them where they keep the Sea Foam , i get it at my local O;Reillys Auto Parts Store for $5.99 + tax for a 16 oz. can ; then mix it with your gas !

You can also get Sea Foam in aerosol /spray can called Deep Creep to use in hard to get at places !

In over 20 years of Small Engine Serviice and Repair i've used all kind of fuel treatment and additives and most have worked as they claim , but i was very skeptical about the Sea Foam working as good as their claim and as it turned out it did all it claimed to do and i had over 21 gallons of gas at $3.00a gallon in the Jimmy and it took over a year to save for the part's ; and after i put a new timing chain and gear set and gaskets , new starter and a new flywheel and timing i had to barrow a timing light then adjust the low idle speed to keep it from stalling i drove it about 20 miles it started to smoke again on take off''s !

But when i was down to just above the half tank mark , and my S10 pickup started making a rattling noise that i think the guy who pulled the tranny to install the seals didn't use new bolt's or lock washer's`and the bolts that hold the torq converter are vibrating out of the flywheel ; i know they are because he didn't even have the transmissiom pan bolt's only finger tight and the Throddle valve shift cable wasn't reset !

So i topped off the tank and on the way home it stopped smoking and now starting on 9 month's it's still smokeless , and it had to be carbon buildup in the combustion chamber causing the ring's to stick as well as the valves ; so get the Sea Foam and mix with you fuel and you may never need to clean the carb again ! ..........