Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Junkyard Wars starring Fourlix aired wed night Metal Medics vs Art Attack

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2001, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw the show and I thought your team had it won til the capsize. My sons and I love that show. I had no idea it was someone from the ATV forum.
We can't believe how quickly the teams can pull engines out of old cars and modify them for some other contraption. Maybe you can get a return visit in the future.

Old 01-13-2001, 01:38 AM
Trailblazer

Fourlix -
You were awesome and we had a great time watching it. Just like the others said, If we only knew it was someone that we know, it would have been that much more fun watching it.
You did a fabulous job on the commentary after the mishap. I guess in a way you were lucky to have missed the dunking. Maybe you have a second career there with a fancy co-host !
GREAT JOB and Cheers to you for your effort.

Houndog

Old 01-13-2001, 12:10 PM
ox
Pro Rider

Sounds like maybe a 3010 or 4010?

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Old 01-13-2001, 08:49 PM
Range Rover

That's too neat! I've seen every episode of Junkyard Wars. I thought the barrel boat was incredible, Fourlix. Maybe you should try to get on the show again. I'd love to do something like that.

Old 01-13-2001, 11:37 PM
Trailblazer

Seen it! I was surprised at how fast you guys left the start and had a feeling you would win if the boat could get around the turn. Too bad. I can never help but wonder what those teams could build it they where given a bit more time. There is a place on TLC's web page now where we can go and suggest what they build. They must be running out of ideas and things to make. Great Job!!

Old 01-14-2001, 11:10 AM
Range Rover

You would have won if the guy you picked
up put his weight out on your pontoon.
Too bad you guys flipped, great TV show,
I love Junk Yard Wars. You should have
cut you potoon in half and put one on
each side. We'll be watching when you
go back let us know.

Old 02-20-2001, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

Just FYI, this episode is being replayed next Monday (February 26) on TLC. I plan on catching it then. If you read this Fourlix, let us know how we can tell which one is you.

Old 02-20-2001, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

Are you sure? They are running the first series right now, and did a powerboat episode as well. I expect to be immortalized in these re-runs, but don't expect to see me again for a while.
My name is Alex and the team is the Metal Medics, we go against "Art Attack" in the first American series, which was shot in London, lucky us.
They are getting ready to shoot the first US series in L.A. I am manager for an all woman team called the "Impact Wenches". It consists of Dr.Bill's wife Cindy, Suzanne, and Frankie. Cindy and Suzanne are both lookers, and Cindy shmoozed real good with the director Rupert when we were all in England. So they are a shoe-in.
Here's a hot tip for you Junkyard warrior wannabe's Make sure your team has women/minorities on it. TLC wants Minorities and women represented on the teams, and 99% of the teams applying are 3 white guys, go figure.
Well that's all the secrets from the Junkyard I dare devulge, enjoy the shows, put a team together if you dare. Let me tell you it is one hard days work, and a hell of a lot of fun. Poor sports need not apply.
Silly Later,,,,Fourlix

Old 02-20-2001, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

Fourlix

You may be right on this being the first series for the powerboat building. I just saw that they were building a powerboat in the next episode and figured that was the one you were in. Is there anyway to let us know when the episode you were in will be replayed? I have read a lot about this episode, but have not seen it. Thanks

Old 02-20-2001, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

Are you guys sure,I just watch the orange and yellow British teams build a atv last Monday.They said it was 3 to 1 for the yellow team and there was another event to come up for the orange team to catch up.