Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Gorilla, Venom or Viper for '06 SP500

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gorilla, Venom or Viper for '06 SP500

cannot speak for the brand x winches..i know it is off topic but i wiil nver buy anything but a warn..but the choice is yours, 2 of my buddys have the harbor freight winches and the are JUNK..not worth their wight in scrap!!

Old 03-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

no harbor freight winches are made for like boat trailors an inclosed car hawling trailor not the vibrations of an atv or the shock of rough turrain gorrila makes winches for atvs and utvs.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: FireDog

I can only speak for Gorilla. I ordered there 3000 winch from their Ebay store and have had nothing but problems. I spent 150 on installation after I ordered it and they sent the wrong hardware and apologized and sent new stuff. That took another week. When I spoke with their customer sevice I told them I couldn't even make the winch budge in free spool and I was told as soon as I get power to the unit it would unlock. Well it didn't. Makes noise on in and out but doesn't budge. So they told me they would send a new winch and they did but I already spent my time and my Polaris dealers time ( plus my 150.00) and still have NO winch. I have no desire to take it back and spend another 150 bucks and hope this winch actually works. Seems the dealer doesnt care about operation, once they spend their time if it doesn't work you still gotta pay. So now with all the accesories I bought from Gorilla I'm 250.00 in and have a broken winch mounted on my new rig. I was also told about their great owner who will make sure everything gets fixed if you have a problem. He must be on vacation.</end quote></div>

idk about sportsmans but on my scrambler the winch mounted in less than 30 mins i ran the wires to teh batery under the plastics ran the wires up the front platicks to the handlebar to the switch. and teh other 2 to the winch motor. then you just have to splice teh remaining one to a power wire. andbold teh winch down with i don't reamember if it was 2 or 3 bolts i couldn't see it being more than an hour and a half if you doo everything perfect and neet. its real simple.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sprinter10

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: FireDog

I can only speak for Gorilla. I ordered there 3000 winch from their Ebay store and have had nothing but problems. I spent 150 on installation after I ordered it and they sent the wrong hardware and apologized and sent new stuff. That took another week. When I spoke with their customer sevice I told them I couldn't even make the winch budge in free spool and I was told as soon as I get power to the unit it would unlock. Well it didn't. Makes noise on in and out but doesn't budge. So they told me they would send a new winch and they did but I already spent my time and my Polaris dealers time ( plus my 150.00) and still have NO winch. I have no desire to take it back and spend another 150 bucks and hope this winch actually works. Seems the dealer doesnt care about operation, once they spend their time if it doesn't work you still gotta pay. So now with all the accesories I bought from Gorilla I'm 250.00 in and have a broken winch mounted on my new rig. I was also told about their great owner who will make sure everything gets fixed if you have a problem. He must be on vacation.</end quote></div>

idk about sportsmans but on my scrambler the winch mounted in less than 30 mins i ran the wires to teh batery under the plastics ran the wires up the front platicks to the handlebar to the switch. and teh other 2 to the winch motor. then you just have to splice teh remaining one to a power wire. andbold teh winch down with i don't reamember if it was 2 or 3 bolts i couldn't see it being more than an hour and a half if you doo everything perfect and neet. its real simple.</end quote></div>

plus if everything is ran (power, ground, rocker switch etc.) just removing and replacing the winch would take like 10 min. max.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

o yea just unbolt 2 wires and 2 bolts and its off