Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

08' sportsman 400

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08' sportsman 400

Nice job on the guards. Hey Mongrol, how do you like those tracks? I've got a set of those and hate them. Makes the bike very hard to steer and they weigh a ton. Sinks right to the bottom of the mud holes and takes a bulldozer to pull it out.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:15 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

The tracks are top notch and a ton of fun, but in my opinion should be for snow only. When they are sold for non winter use, I think they are being misrepresented. Can't comment on mud use cause I've never tried and don't want to.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:16 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: stendori

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mongrol

Not true. The ones from the Hawkeye go on and there are predrilled holes in the back of the front tube that the Hawkeye screws go into. A direct bolt on.</end quote></div>

i guess i didnt look at the back of the front tube(why would you ) and since i dont have the luxery of having a hawkeye sitting here to look at you got me there. oh well, i needed something to do yesterday to make it differnt from everyone else. thanks for the heads up mongrol.</end quote></div>

The ones you modified look like they offer a lot more boot protection than my stock ones do. Good job.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:42 PM

The tracks are top notch and a ton of fun, but in my opinion should be for snow only. When they are sold for non winter use, I think they are being misrepresented. Can't comment on mud use cause I've never tried and don't want to.</end quote></div>

They sent us a vid on them. They claimed they worked better than any mud tire in the mud but we found out they don't. To bad it don't snow in Southern Alabama. He want's to sell them but they are hard to get rid of.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: contentsunderpressur

The tracks are top notch and a ton of fun, but in my opinion should be for snow only. When they are sold for non winter use, I think they are being misrepresented. Can't comment on mud use cause I've never tried and don't want to.</end quote></div>

They sent us a vid on them. They claimed they worked better than any mud tire in the mud but we found out they don't. To bad it don't snow in Southern Alabama. He want's to sell them but they are hard to get rid of.</end quote></div>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Like trying to sell a snowblower down there? I thought tracks were supposed to work great in mud too. I'm glad I didn't buy them.