Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New to site

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New to site

I got ripped off. I looked around a few places but have to shop more next time. the good news is I ordered all my accessories through the dealer when I bought the ATV. The owner told the salesman to give me 10% off all of them.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to site

All I need yet is a 2" ball with a 5/8 shank, might have to run to wally world tonight.
I was thinking of adding the Quadovator Fan-On Light/Switch kit since I have the stock thermostat housing to return and will have a $20 credit coming. Other than that I dont have any other plans for it.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New to site

I got a Chinese 2" ball for about $7 at Harbor Freight. I cut off over an inch of the shank after I got it screwed on tight.

Now I want a quadovator headlight kit for when I ride at night. [img]i/expressions/light.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/light.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/light.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New to site

Hi.

Congrats on the New X2.

I got my new X2 a few days ago. It's only a 500cc though.

Not certain. Similar colour, though mine is a rather strange olive green.

I do recommend the fore and aft (custom built) bumpers/fenders.

I've head that they (X2) might overheat if there is the slightest bit dirt on the rad. I don't remember any overheating problems with the sportsman 500.

Any new & reliable solutions yet?

I was about to get the outlander max. The Polaris X2 is better built except for the position of the radiator.

I also changed out the stock tires with Excavators.

Best of luck with your new X2.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New to site

So far its been staying between 170-190 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to site

800 EFI- How do you like your Warn Wireless Remote?? Will it work with the 2.5CI Warn winches??

Old 08-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New to site

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Polaris500Sportsman

800 EFI- How do you like your Warn Wireless Remote?? Will it work with the 2.5CI Warn winches??</end quote></div>

It works slick, its going to come in handy some day. I dont think you can add it on, it only comes on the 3k
Love the synthetic rope too. Much nicer to work with than the cable I am used to.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Range Rover
Default New to site

I am in the replacement market. I had a '04 ATP 500 HO that sufffered an unfortunate accident last ride (flipped over backwards on me, and I do mean ON me, then did several hairy endos down the hill) I absolutely loved the bike and was in mourning 'till I drove a '07 X2 800 EFI.
Absolutely BADASS! Power out the wazoo, rides far better than even my wife's '05 Sportsman. I didn't think I was going to like the IRS, but it's a bit firmer than that on the wifes Sportsman and it scoots the rear end around better with throttle. I really didn't think anything could replace the ATP but I'll be dipped if I don't like the X2 better.
Luckily I had the ATP fully covered, I got the check today and am probably going to buy an X2 next week, gotta have the 800 EFI though. The one I am looking at is a new, old stock '07 DLX with the wheels, winch and guards, no BG though, I don't know where it went but this dealer appears to like to part things out so I am thinking it got sold off. Just as well, I want the ATV Guru setup anyway.\
Amusingly the most common comment I heard riding the ATP on the trail was, from the Japaneese Kool Aid Drinkers, Wow, I love the dump bed I sure wish Honkawiyamazuki made one of those!

On a related note, the dealership also had a "borrowed" 550 XP from Polaris that they let me ride. Nice bike, good ride, good seat, very light steering no PS on this bike, don't know why you'd need it unless you are a small woman, power is noticably improved over the 500 HO but still not in monster range, the brakes were flat scary, monster clampage combined with SERIOUS front end dive. I grabbed a big handfull o brakes in a mild right hand turn and about did a right front wheel stoppie. The brakes will take some getting used too for us Sportsman/Magnum riders as you need less than half the squeeze to get similar stoppage. Only gripe was the engine sound, damn thing sounded flat like a snowmobile. Overall I like the bike but I don't think I'd pony up the extra $$ for the XP over a 500 EFI. I wish they had an 850 XP available, that, I'd like to ride.
Q