Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008 | 11:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dangers while riding!!

makes sense

Old 10-22-2008 | 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

I hate spiders too. I have a fiberglass rod mounted in the front bumper to catch the webs before my face does. My dad came up with the idea and originally used a stick. I found a fiberglass rod and stuck it in the loop of the winch cable then I just wound the winch back in. It works great. You should try it.

Old 10-22-2008 | 07:48 PM
Trailblazer

About 3 years ago out I came across a 12 pt buck during rut... I was on a narrow trail and he was about 20 yards away when I first noticed him. I kept moving towards him slowly hopeing that he would walk off, well he did and as I passed him he got annoyed. He stomped his huf and then charged... Once I was about 30 yards away he went back to his spot....

Old 10-23-2008 | 05:56 AM
Moto Psycho

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 94harley

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

Im not a snake expert but it seems pretty odd to me that the rattlesnake would strike when you rode by. Something must have ticked it off. Maybe it had PMS. [IMG][/IMG] I know they get cranky when they shed because they're so sensitive. Most of the time I'm in favor of leaving them alone because they eat so many vermin like mice, but if it's around the house it's got to go.</end quote></div>

Well to clarify, I wasn't tormenting him at all. Just driving by. Maybe my wifes machine scared him and I was the the next thing coming by. Thats why I started this thread. He was unprovoked(from us anyway, but we were the only ones out there too) when he struck.</end quote></div>

Yeah, I agree you didn't **** the snake off but something did. And I think you're right, the other machine going by made it mad. It just surprises me that it didn't "run" away. I'm lucky enough to not have a lot of poisonous snakes around here. I have seen rattlesnakes in the woods even though they aren't suppossed to be in Michigan but I don't even see them once a decade. Mostly garter snakes and once in awhile something else like a hog nose.

Old 10-23-2008 | 12:54 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MooseHenden

Snake musta' been an environmentalist whacko getting even with you for daring to enjoy yourself. q]

LMAO. Nice.

Also, kids going the wrong way around a track. Watch out, a buddy of mine was killed that way.