Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What do ya'll think about this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do ya'll think about this?

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...-line-piece-stimulus/

This is kind of a lengthy article but I found it interesting. I'm not sure what to make of it though.I'm all for more trails and such but I'm not too sure it fits in the "stimulus" package.
So what do my fellow Popo riders think?

Old 01-28-2009, 09:06 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

He's a politician. Nobody gets something for nothing. There will be a pay day somewhere along the line.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No matter what that money gets spent on it all comes out of our pockets in the first place. BHO coud do us a favor by cutting taxes and spending less, not more.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

Agreed

Old 01-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

No matter what that money gets spent on it all comes out of our pockets in the first place. BHO coud do us a favor by cutting taxes and spending less, not more.</end quote></div>

I agree, and I don't mind paying my share especially when it comes to our trails, but I can't help but wonder how this is suppose to stimulate our economy. I'm sure it'll create or at least sustain a few jobs ,but I wonder if the return is worth the investment at this point in a recession. I just feel like the timing and the reasons for this are WAY off
I think you hit it on the head JF ; now is a time to save and not spend.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

You couldn't be more correct. If the people who earn the money were able to keep more of it they would spend it on what THEY need and want. The economy would thrive!!!! The LESS government the BETTER!

Old 01-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm not for wasting money on big stimulus plans. I call it what it is , "buying votes"
On the other hand , building new trails would make local jobs , and in the long run would help promote tourism , which would bring money to the areas that have those new trails. If you can bring in money or keep people from going out of town to vacation that will stimulate the economy.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:50 PM
DJN
Weekend Warrior

I would agree that increasing trails keeps a few jobs and adds a few jobs, but I think there is a bigger picture behind it. ATV sales and ATV recreation have absolutely exploded in the last decade and I don't think it's been fully tapped and could be recognized as a good move. By increasing and promoting the sport it's the manufacturing that benefits. Polaris has layed off plenty, but I think that's why its not entirely a futile effort. I know we're paying more taxes, but if it keeps a great home grown company like Polaris operating in the black and producing jobs I can see the connection!

Old 01-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

blah blah buh D blah blah,.....oh you ride and atv? oh ok. blah blah buh D BLAHHHHHHHH.

to think that government dollars will actually get spent on atv issues is a pipe dream.

X

Old 01-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Range Rover

first off the 25 mil is great but i have to say i work in construction and trust me that dosen't go very far that will create very few jobs and will be short live

my personal favorite is the 650 for cupons so peppole can watch out dated televisions and on an antenna no less comon tell me how that pushes people to spend who thinks of this sh@t......

really the infrastructure should be a major part of any stimulus pakage (i know i'm biased) but hell it does a lot more for the economy than the ARTS don't ya think???

IMO this depression will be short lived 3 yrs or so

and yes depression (when masses lose employment thats a depression) a recesion is when there is a small amount of job loss and lack of confidence in consumers....

thats my 2 cents y'all can give me my change if you wish LOL