Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winch cover on the XP's.

[img][/img]

Old 02-04-2009, 05:45 AM
Pro Rider

I had to go back to the dealer and get mine too. It was just laying in their assembly area. I trimmed it like HO did and IMO it looks much better!

Old 02-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Roofer

"Larger crap" Yep there is a big space there........LOL

Come on.......I said "to each their own"......... Give me a break.

I have to say it looks better, but my view is usually from the seat. I was just being honest that I never even noticed and probably never will.</end quote></div>

Blah blah blah....you were insinuating,and still are, that anyone who would take the time to trim the grill and put it back on are posing as riders and are too concerned with looks unlike someone as hardcore as yourself....
I think you just get your feelings hurt if someone disagrees with you...
The grill isn't the only thing you have a hard time seeing apparently...

Good day.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Pro Rider

THANKS AGAIN HO!!!! I forwarded the info you sent me to my dealer and he e-mailed me back to say "I was right"!! They have one there for me. They even up-graded me to a 3,500 lb winch with amsteel rope. This is good, but why do we always have to go after the dealers for this stuff?? It's our's and we paid for it, whether we use it or not, we should get it back. I will do the mod to it like you did for both function and looks. I like my quads to perform and look good and attention to detail is key to both. Thanks again HO, and I hope I can call on you for more info once I pick my new 850 XP up on Thursday. I can't wait!!!

Old 02-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Hotdogmb

THANKS AGAIN HO!!!! I forwarded the info you sent me to my dealer and he e-mailed me back to say "I was right"!! They have one there for me. They even up-graded me to a 3,500 lb winch with amsteel rope. This is good, but why do we always have to go after the dealers for this stuff?? It's our's and we paid for it, whether we use it or not, we should get it back. I will do the mod to it like you did for both function and looks. I like my quads to perform and look good and attention to detail is key to both. Thanks again HO, and I hope I can call on you for more info once I pick my new 850 XP up on Thursday. I can't wait!!!</end quote></div>

Good deal!
I think alot of it has to do with the fact that the guys who work in the back(techs) are not the guys you normally deal with. The sales guys say "put a winch on this machine"...the tech pulls the grill off and throws it on a work bench,installs the winch and the left over parts just get left lying around or stacked in a box or corner somewhere next time they clean up. Some likely keep them on purpose should the need to replace one arise, but most techs probably don't care eitherway...
Alot of it probably has to do wiht the XP being a new machine. Most dealers now days are multi-line and sell a myriad of machines,so while we keep up with the little details of one machine they deal with a lot of different machines.
Bottom line is it is likely that the sales guy you deal with has no idea about the left over stuff until someone,such as yourself, brings it to his attention.
What tweaks me is when dealers do know and still try to keep the stuff..that does happen but I don't think that is the norm...

Old 02-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE

I think you just get your feelings hurt if someone disagrees with you...

The grill isn't the only thing you have a hard time seeing apparently...

Good day.</end quote></div>

AHEM............I think you have it backwards friend...

As for the post, and a serious question..............I can see everyone's point in getting something they paid for....absolutely....but what does the dealer have to gain by keeping these?

Old 02-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Roofer

....but what does the dealer have to gain by keeping these?</end quote></div>

Like i said above I don't think most "dealers"..ie the management and sales guys are keeping them on purpose. But some probably are..at least they are not saying "hey we took this off and it's yours" Why would they do that you ask?
They are spare parts...the grill isn't as big of a deal as the front racks,which have been discussed lately and I imagine that is what prompted it being brought up here. The grill is a $12 piece,no big deal. But just imagine you are a dealer and you are smart enough to know people are likely to damage the front of these machines,more so as more of them hit the trails. A front rack has about $200 worth of parts to it...
One guy said his dealer had a stack of racks..if there was no reason to keep them don't you think the dealer would ask the customer if they wanted the rack rather than just letting them take up space? In most dealers I have been in space is at a premium and having worked at one in the past,as well as other types of businesses that deal with machinery parts ect..if it is worthless to the business they usually will go out of their way to get you to take it with you...

Old 02-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

The racks is a big one. I didn't think about it because most people don't buy a machine with that kind of accessories installed. The Nuclear sunset LE doesn't come with a regular rack, does it?

Old 02-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

If a machine comes from Polaris with the storage box and or winch then no,the rack and grill are likely never installed on the machine.
You might be supprised how many people work winchs and front boxes into their deals and have the dealer install them..there have quite a few on this site alone...and I have yet to see one say the dealer offered them the take off parts back.

Edit-Maybe the reason that you think most people don't have "that kind of accessory" delear installed is because the old Sportsman had front storage?

Old 02-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

Well, today is the day I go get my new red 850 XP!!! Bring her home and ito the garage to put the acc. on. Hope it warms up a bit, -16 C right now.