Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

rotopax or Kolpin gas can

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

One more thing, I also got the WATERPACK too. When I do clean it out with soap and water, what liquid soap do you recommend using?

Cheers,

R'

Old 03-30-2009, 11:32 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RticKwad, rinse the fuel tank out with gas! That way no issues. Just a idea.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Arrow

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Well I got mine and it really does seem like good quality. Question, for cleaning the GAS dual combo 2 gal containers, what do you use and what do you do? Since gas is going in there I would hate to use water or any soaps to clean it out. BUT I don't want any plastic debris or shavings going into my tank either.

Thanks for the info.!

R'

IMO...just rinse it out with water...and let it dry. Gas is just to expensive to fill and dump...plus the environment issues.

Once the container is dry from rising it out with water...you should be good to go!

biz

Old 03-31-2009, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

i need one of these packs for my atv trip in may!!! see what he can do for me....

chuck

Old 03-31-2009, 11:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

How did you get the paint to stay on the rotopax? or didn't it. smart choice switching to polaris. Or was it?

Old 05-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Thumbs up

Happy to report that the RotopaX discount is still good! Was at the site...and entered the code...and got the discount.

Nice that it is possible to pay with PayPal too! Great product...and cannot wait till they come in.

biz

Old 05-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

biz4two,

You will be impressed with their products! When they come in the boxes you will
notice how well they are shipped etc. I think this guy/guys who started this small
business will DO WELL! He is very customer focused and they make a great product.
They really worked out well for us at the Hatfield and McCoy trial and so glad
that I bought it. My cuz just ran out of gas on his SP700 when we were just 100 feet from the end of the trail system, LOL..LOL

R'

Old 05-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Range Rover

I just received the ROTOPAX dual gas packs. They were an easy install and low profile. Very happy with the product............

Old 06-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Range Rover

I had a Kolpin on my old quad, fought the leaks like everyone else, and they weren't very durable if they fell off (bolts on the bracket broke riding on rocky terrain).
My buddy has the Rotopax and they are a huge improvement over the Kolpin. They are a lot more robust and the threads for the caps are MUCH better. Not one leak and he has beaten the heck out of them on some rocky rides we've done over the past few weeks.

I just ordered three of the 2 gal packs (+ the free 2 gal water can) along with the mounts and extensions. Going to mount them flat on the front of my 500 Touring.

My only concern is getting them to fit stacked 2 high with the rack extender and enough clearance without the headlight rubbing when the handle bars turn. If needs be I'll take off the extender.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Former Sponsor

I love my pack and use it all the time. My only issue with mounting the fuel pack on the front is that when the fuel pack is full my front box locks come loose when on very bumpy trails. It seams like the weight of the pack pushes down too much on the locks rattle loose. Any one else have this issue?

Quick Reply: rotopax or Kolpin gas can