Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Heat On Leg

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat On Leg

I just got a 800 like a month ago and I have noticed the heat on the right side.
Mine is coming from the stator cover just above the well step.
Had the same problem on my 700....but the 800 has more heat.
When I get time have to add more height to the well step to cover up the stator cover. Worked on my 700.
Last time I just used a piece of platic and bolted it to the side of the step well. Don't no why polaris just didn't make it higher at that point in the first place to cover the stator cover.

Art

Old 03-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Trailblazer
Default Heat On Leg

Just hit me....I think piece of black plastic splash guards for a car and cut it to the size you want...I got a few of these around here or you can pick them up at your local auto parts cheap.

Art

Old 03-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Heat On Leg

UPDATE:
Well I took it to the dealer for scheduled service today and have them address the heat issue.
I was basically advised to go pi$$ up a rope. They said they contacted Polaris and their response was , "get used to it".
I sent Polaris and e-mail and am awaiting their response...

Hello,
In Feb., 2009 I bought a brand new Sportsman 800, from Bellamy's Outdoor Sports in Crawfordville, Fl. I have over $10,000.00 invested in this machine. I took it in today for scheduled maitnence and to resolve some issues.
My main issue is the fact that so much heat comes out by the right footstep that it makes it unbearable to ride. It literally burns my right leg in the calf area. This is in 60-70 degree weather. This is a safety issue and a design defect!
David at Bellamy's stated he contacted Polaris and they basically said tough, get used to it!
Well I am not going to get used to it. Polaris needs to address this problem and offer some modification to fix this problem at their expense.
I belong to several ATV forums online and it seems this is and has been a problem.
I will pursue this issue as far as needed until it is resolved.
As I stated, I believe this is a safety issue and will contact Consumer Safety if need be.
This is not a threat but a real concern for myself and others.
Respectfully waiting your response,

Old 03-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Heat On Leg

dont hold your breath waiting for a reponse from them although it would be nice. as far as the 850 het issue i read it somewhere that they had a little hot leg too but of course i dont have one like your self to be able to tell from experince. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Trailblazer
Default Heat On Leg

Good SCTUSA, it is about time someone try to do something about this problem.
I will back you up as much as I can and whatever else I can do.
I do agree with you, it is a "Safety issue". and it should be looked at and fix by Polaris,
I am sure they can afford it.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]