Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Camelbak

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camelbak

Anybody have a Camelbak backpack kind of deal? They seem pretty non-obtrusive and easy to ride with. I'm used to riding with backpack on my sled, so it can't be too bad, but that is also with a huge jacket on and three layers of cloths so you hardly know it's there.

Somethink like this: CamelBak - 2009

Old 04-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

I ride with mine all the time, I have two of them, a small one that is just has a little pocket and another that is more of a backpack and has a decent amount of room in a few pockets and has some bungie cord to secure things on the outside. They hold quite a bit of water. after you get them adjusted to fit you, you'll never know you're wearing them.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

I use them all the time..very convenient way to stay hydrated on those longer rides. No need to fumble with a drink container or stop. Also I usually keep the back pack style one packed with some survival goodies. The one I have now has been to Iraq and Afghanistan ..I would never leave the fence without it.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Camelback

I don't go anywhere without it. Mine spent a lot of time in Iraq also. I have a backpack with a pouch for it that I take on long rides. Can never have enough survival gear packed!

Old 05-01-2009, 05:14 AM
Pro Rider

I got mine recently off ebay, I love it

Old 05-01-2009, 07:47 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

When it's over 100º here, it actually feels pretty good to load it up with ice and add a little water to it. Really handy as dusty as it gets on the trail. Been out more than a few times long enough the water got warm. Still, warm water washing away the dirt was better than tasting dirt.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are nice to have for long rides........

My one piece of advice would be to CLEAN IT WELL ....... Make sure you kill all bacteria because they are known to be germ vacation spots...lol ..... I've seen a few guys get sick because they didn't clean it out well enough.....

Some guys will use bleach, some will use vinegar and soap, some will buy special cleaners...... but whatever you choose just make sure to disinfect if before each ride.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by ss97
They are nice to have for long rides........

My one piece of advice would be to CLEAN IT WELL ....... Make sure you kill all bacteria because they are known to be germ vacation spots...lol ..... I've seen a few guys get sick because they didn't clean it out well enough.....

Some guys will use bleach, some will use vinegar and soap, some will buy special cleaners...... but whatever you choose just make sure to disinfect if before each ride.
Drying it out is key to cleaning it too. They make plastic inserts to keep the bladder open so it can air dry. I usually just bend a wire coathanger and it has always worked well for me.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah cleanliness is a must. They can get pretty funky if they're not kept clean.

Great invention.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

What the hell am I waitin' for then! Sound like a must have. Thinking a medium sized bag would be good. Thanks for the info and sanitary warnings.

Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE
The one I have now has been to Iraq and Afghanistan
HO. You have served in both Iraq and Afgan?

Quick Reply: Camelbak