Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Warn RT30 Contents/Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

Originally Posted by MickJP
As for cutting the power cable - wait until you see your contactor, some of them drop right on (like mine). I think it depends on if you get the right kit for your quad. A buddy of mine almost had to cut his because he got a Kawasaki branded kit to install on his Polaris. Then he realized that he got the Kawaski mounting plate too, so he returned it.
The RT30 is a WARN kit for all ATV's...and not just for the XP. Absolutely NO cutting of wires required on the install of the RT30 on the XP. It really is a "plug&Play" install.

biz

Old 07-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

biz, my comment is more related to what kind of prewiring may already be on your quad. I agree that the kits are self contained, but some quads are prewired (polaris) and may not match up perfectly with some contactor/relays if you're trying to use what's already there. I haven't done many of these, but I do know that my buddy would have had to seperate his wires (polaris prewired) like Chuck showed earlier in the thread if he went ahead with the kit he had. Otherwise they just don't fit. I don't know anything about the XP's, just the older models.

On the XP's do you have to cut out the front grill if you want to put it back around the winch like you do with the older models?

Old 07-03-2009, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MickJP
biz, my comment is more related to what kind of prewiring may already be on your quad. I agree that the kits are self contained, but some quads are prewired (polaris) and may not match up perfectly with some contactor/relays if you're trying to use what's already there. I haven't done many of these, but I do know that my buddy would have had to seperate his wires (polaris prewired) like Chuck showed earlier in the thread if he went ahead with the kit he had. Otherwise they just don't fit. I don't know anything about the XP's, just the older models.

On the XP's do you have to cut out the front grill if you want to put it back around the winch like you do with the older models?
I see what you were getting at...makes more sense now. With the RT30 setup on the XP...it truly is a "plug&Play" affair. Makes the install so easy...

No cutting of the front grill like past models. It is just an insert that is removed.

biz