Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Good ride-bad ride!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Good ride-bad ride!

I FINALLY was able to make the time to get my new Sp 800 out on the trails today and brought my kid along cuz she loves the mud. Hit my trusty trails that have always been a blast and never run in to many other folks, especially the DNR. To my surprise, the fun police put up "No Motorized Vehicle" signs in front of just about every great trail that shoots off the main one(and the trails have beem there for years). When are the tree huggers going to realize that the reason the main riding trails are getting trashed by irresponsible riders is because they are closing off everything else? Hoping to win the lottery soon so I can buy a few thousand acres of woods/swamp and have my own playground. At the very least is was great to get out with my kid and enjoy some time together on the Popo. She's been bugging me to get her one of her own for a while. Thinking about getting her a Sp 400 one of these days and getting her in a safety course.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yep we are loosing more and more trails for sure. what really ****es the land owners off is when they do sign trails "stay on mark trails" and they dont.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know what you meen by closing of the trails. Man where I am they have police that patrol on atv's and enduro motorcycles to kill everybody's fun. Yes we do have a lot of trails here in Ontario Canada but like you say the tree huggers are killing the sport. Here's a better one the OFSC " ontario federation of snowmobile clubs" doesn't want us the trails at all, stupid thing is they've been there before they where. We are not allowed on public roads so anywhere in the woods with a speed limit sign posted you could be charged approx 500$ fine NICE. All I can say is that again they are truly killing the motorised sports that was once enjoyable for everyone.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It really is a shame that they keep closeing trails. Here in Mass all the snobs from boston keep moving west and then try to turn the small rural towns they move to into another Boston. i got nothing agenst the city but its not were i want to be thats why i live out here. I have lived here all my life and my father before me and we have riden out here for over 40 years now and there have been trails around longer than that and now the tree hugers are trying to close them. ITS BULL and really gets me steamed.

sorry for the outburst but this topic gets my blood boiling