Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

OK HO lets have the low down :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KAWIFAN
Yeah, you can throw a 850 around but it doesn't feel anywhere near as easy to ride all out fast on the trail as the Outty.
Common now guys, speaking of playing the devils advocate... direct quote from "Kratos" on another forum, sure you've heard of him.

"The 850 polaris has been whoopin up on everybody here in my area on the trails. The turning radius, power steering, ground clearance, and shocks make it a trail monster. I'm the only guy that can come remotely close to keeping up with it (on my renegade) on the trails, and that's only because I am a better rider than the owner. The brutes, grizzes, cats, outties, and hondas get left behind. If he was any better at riding than he is, he would leave me far behind as well. The 850 is an overall beast. That's what makes it so strong. It's not the best at any one thing, but it has the best OVERALL package".

Old 09-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Roofer

I really doubt anyone would say that their previous machine is better than one they just spent close to or above $10K on.
I knew that one was coming ...I would say the same thing...main reason I didn't post sooner,even though I was asked to post the my opinion beofre I had even gotten the Outty.
But seriously,if faults come to light I will post about them..so far I am 100% as happy as a pig in poop with the Outlander.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Kratos and them fellas don't know anything...........haha......they probably ride more miles in a month than most put on in a year. lol

Old 09-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE
But seriously,if faults come to light I will post about them..
Jokes aside, I honestly believe you will.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by countryboy8602
Common now guys, speaking of playing the devils advocate... direct quote from "Kratos" on another forum, sure you've heard of him.

"The 850 polaris has been whoopin up on everybody here in my area on the trails. The turning radius, power steering, ground clearance, and shocks make it a trail monster. I'm the only guy that can come remotely close to keeping up with it (on my renegade) on the trails, and that's only because I am a better rider than the owner. The brutes, grizzes, cats, outties, and hondas get left behind. If he was any better at riding than he is, he would leave me far behind as well. The 850 is an overall beast. That's what makes it so strong. It's not the best at any one thing, but it has the best OVERALL package".
It is all in how you ride...yes the 850 does real well on the trails,it is forgiving when you make a mistake..the boys on the Outty's are probably riding like girls scared to bend their frames. I know for a fact I can at least keep up with an 850 on the trails on my MAX...

Old 09-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Trailblazer

You caught us countryboy..we are completely making it up. The 850 is much faster. Damn I thought no one would know better...

Seriously the 850 moves pretty well...but damn sure does not pull midrange and top end like my 2010 Can-Am does...even if by some miracle I am really confused and it would actually lose a drag to the 850 it damn sure feels faster....and that is all that really matters on as far as acceleration goes on a utilty ATV imo...the fun factor. I am not a professional utility atv drag racer with money on the line if I lose a race. Even so I still say my 2010 Can-Am MAX will take a stock XP in a drag race...and not a doubt in my mind if the race involves speeds above 35mph...
Figures, lol. Is there any real difference between the previous Outty with 62 hp and the new one with 71? I've heard stories of the old beating the new. Have also heard stories of Can-Am increasing their HP reporting to CARB in response to a competitor reporting 70... sucks when you can't market a machine as having the highest hp in it's class lol.

All kidding aside fellas, I'll take a serious look at an Outty when dealers can be more competitive on price where I live. Would also be nice to see a new frame design... I think you'll see a re-design sooner rather than later.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

Figures, lol. Is there any real difference between the previous Outty with 62 hp and the new one with 71? I've heard stories of the old beating the new. Have also heard stories of Can-Am increasing their HP reporting to CARB in response to a competitor reporting 70... sucks when you can't market a machine as having the highest hp in it's class lol.

All kidding aside fellas, I'll take a serious look at an Outty when dealers can be more competitive on price where I live. Would also be nice to see a new frame design... I think you'll see a re-design sooner rather than later.
What figures? I was just trying not tovbe a dick about it...no doubt in my mind which is quicker.
You haven't heard stories of the old ones beating the new ones...you have heard guys say the new ones don't feel as strong...when they didn't know about the throttle limit screw on the new ones...do some research. They have a throttle limit screw on the thumb throttle that KILLS the power..takes 5 seconds to fix. Ask Kawifan...he had an 07...he seems to think there is a bid difference.
I agree I suspected the 71 hp was BS too..but apparently the 2010 has a different tune that the early 09's and the HP is legit..who knows though..69hp,71hp..who cares it hauls ***.. I tellyou if the 850 has 70 then 71 out of the Can-Am is VERY believable.

I didn't post here to getting in a pissing match,y'all have fun with it. It is thePolaris forum and I respect that. I'll be out riding and enjoying the hell out of it..

Old 09-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Trailblazer

What figures? I was just trying not tobe a dick about it...no doubt in my mind which is quicker.
You haven't heard stories of the old ones beating the new ones...you have heard guys say the new ones don't feel as strong...when they didn't know about the throttle limit screw on the new ones...do some research. Ask Kawifan...he had an 07...he seems to think there is a bid difference.
I agree I suspected the 71 hp was BS too..but apparently the 2010 has a different tune that the early 09's and the HP is legit..who knows though..69hp,71hp..who cares it hauls ***..

I didn't post here to getting in a pissing match,y'all have fun with it. It is thePolaris forum and I respect that. I'll be out riding and enjoying the hell out of it..
Figures that "you were completely making it up...". Just some sarcasm in reply to the sarcasm. No ones getting into a pissing match, once again just playing devils advocate and highlighting the fact there seems to be different opinions out there. Hey what do i know, I don't own either, have only ridden them briefly, all the stories I read and report are some one else's opinion so take it as you will. I did hear something about the throttle screw thing too, you're probably right about the "feel" of the old vs the new Outty. I do value the opinions of others when considering the purchase of a new machine, including yours. Enjoy the ride!

Old 09-19-2009, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

. Enjoy the ride!
Will do...gotta man the grill first then off to ride once the sun sets.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Roofer
Darn it.....lol

I have seen videos both ways.

I really doubt anyone would say that their previous machine is better than one they just spent close to or above $10K on.

Someone asked about HO's opinion, and that's what they got. There are pluses and minuses to all of the atv's.

Have to admit that the 3 big, bar raising machines in sport utility class is the Prairie 650 in 2002, the Outlander 800 in 2006, and the XP 850 in 2009.

HO, I guess since we sold our 850's and now own the Outty 800, we are just lying when we talk about the positive reviews of the Outty since we don't want to be told we made a mistake by purchasing the Outty.... What a crock!
I could care less. I have made mistakes before when purchasing atv's. Hell, I guess that is why I have purchased as many as I have.
If you talk about the Can-Am you get labeled as one of those "Can-Am People". Give me a break.
Countryboy , when I talk about the Polaris 850, it is from experience and my OPINION.
I can tell you for a fact that my Outty is w/o a doubt quicker and faster than my 850 was. I can tell you w/o a doubt that I can trail ride just as easy and faster than I did with my 850.
I have never heard of anyone saying their older model Can-Am was/is faster than a 2010 model.. But hey, what do I know...