Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

went riding today!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2001, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys!
Have you ever woke up and just had an urge to go riding? I don't know why, but I did today! So I skipped classes and went riding in the Black River Falls area. Started in Millston, went to Black River, then up to Hatfield and back, played around by Black River, and then back to Millston! 113 miles in a little over 3 hours! Besides the accidental rollover, it was the most perfect day of riding I've ever had! 10 degree weather, bundled up to stay warm, Scrambler was running perfect, freshly groomed trails, and I only saw 2 other machines all day! I wish I had started earlier in the day so I could have done another 50 miles! The only thing that sucks now is I am dead tired and I HAVE to go to classes tomorrow. This was the first long ride I have gone on this winter. I had forgot how much fun it is to whip through the woods at 40-50 mph, sideways in the corners, shooting a roostertail of snow behind you! Anybody interested in riding around the Black River Falls area sometime between March 2-12? I have spring break and would love to meet up with some people to go riding!

Old 02-21-2001, 10:44 PM
Range Rover

WIScram,
Whats up? Sounds like you had a blast Cruising around BRF. I do alot of hunting in the fall in Clark County. Those trails are pretty sweet too! Never been on the BRF trails, sounds great though. Wish I could come and ride with ya, but I got no wheels! I am eagerly awaiting the powerball drawing tonite, and maybe I will join ya! :-) Have fun!

-Jared

Old 02-21-2001, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

You must have been riding at a pretty crisp pace to cover that much ground in such a short time. At my favorite riding area, it's pretty technical. We average about forty miles in a five hour period.

Old 02-22-2001, 12:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey! I cruise by there everytime I head up to Couderay, WI. I was talkin with the rest of the crew about stopping there to ride for a day. of course it's hard for all of us to schedule off together but when we do we take are time seriously. 5 hrs aday everyday for a week 2X a year. Hows the riding? is it flat and windy or is there hills, rocks, streams, tight woods, etc etc... I need info. please All we have is maps. It's real hard to beat Couderay, i'm going up there in a few weeks.

Old 02-22-2001, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

Hey quadfather~
Yes, I was riding at a very crisp pace! In fact, that was the quickest ride I've ever been on! I rarely dropped below 40 mph, and when I did, the throttle was pegged to get back up to speed! I remember you made a comment before about you would go 6-8 hours on a tank of gas...I couldn't even get 2 hours the way I was riding!

Quadumleap~
The trails around BRF are 90 percent through the woods. A lot of winding trails, but trails are always atleast 10 feet wide. The other 10 percent are wide open straights. I had a blast riding there when the trails are snow covered! I was able to maintain 40 mph most of the time and got to go wide open as soon as I hit the straights. During the summer, the trails are kindof sandy, but still a great time! You could easily spend a whole day riding there granted you don't ride like I did! I think Jackson county has a little over 100 miles of ATV trails, and I covered every single mile in a little over 3 hours!

Old 02-23-2001, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

I'm just north of there, and may be interested.

Depends on how bad the snowmobilers flip you off.

I guess by then, they'll be done for the year

Old 02-23-2001, 10:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Now that's a cruise!
I just got back grom a long weekend of riding in the Parrish area.
Connected up with the Harrison Hills trail for the first time also.All I can say is unbelievable!
Have any of you other guys been on this system?
One is called the Parrish Highlands Trail and the other is the Harrison Hills Trail.
Both great trails and are connected.
Plenty of parking on both ends.
Langlade county seems to have the most liberal ATV policies in the state.
I can drive ALL of the snowmobile trails in the county.And I've never been flipped off.
I own land connected to the Parrish trail and have gotten to know them pretty well over the past few years.Hills,lakes,just great.
C'mon up!!
Joe

Old 02-23-2001, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

I have a buddy with land up that way. Henke is his last name, although he will dissociate himslef with Jim Henke (aka skunk) They have or had land on M or E I believe. I do know he has 40 on tug lake rd, and I believe it is at the NW corner (end of the road) by hwy 107???

Hes a real Polaris nut (mag 425) and of course his machine is king or at least it was when it was new. I think its a turd. My SP can walk in 2wd through a hole that swallows him (1/2 tread stock tires) in 4wd.

I think it would be great to find some mud up in Merrill! Last we were up there we met a guy with a 2504wd Suz, and a guy with a 300 Prairie. I gave them a card, but haven't heard back.

Old 02-23-2001, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

I'd like to hear more about these trails in Wisc, especially the ones within a few hours of St Paul, MN. I ride Clark Cnty trails often, would like to find other places to go. Aren't all the trails in Wisc closed from March 15 to May 15th?

Mark
mkrinke@mediaone.net