Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

how to get cables out of sportsman carb

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to get cables out of sportsman carb

ok i need help my 03 spotsman 600 is leaking gas out of the drain tube on the bottom of the carb and there is a strong oder of gas the bike runs fine when your on and riding wide open but starts flooding out at a idel now in my exsperince with atv ,snowmobiles ect ..ect.. its alwasy been the float sticking . now here is where the problem lies how in the world do you get the cables out of the carb i have never done one where the cables go into the carb i tore into this on sat nite and had to put it all back togather becase i couldint get the cables out what a pain in the butt any help or a web site explaining this would be greatly appreciated thank everyone in advace for your help.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRigIns
ok i need help my 03 spotsman 600 is leaking gas out of the drain tube on the bottom of the carb and there is a strong oder of gas the bike runs fine when your on and riding wide open but starts flooding out at a idel now in my exsperince with atv ,snowmobiles ect ..ect.. its alwasy been the float sticking . now here is where the problem lies how in the world do you get the cables out of the carb i have never done one where the cables go into the carb i tore into this on sat nite and had to put it all back togather becase i couldint get the cables out what a pain in the butt any help or a web site explaining this would be greatly appreciated thank everyone in advace for your help.
I know on my 04 600 the cables run to the side of the carb and there is a black cover that has 4 screws in and under that is where you undo the throttle cable, the other cable would be the choke and it should be on the outside of the black cover. For both of them you want to pull back the black rubber boot and grab an open end wrench and just start turning them. Let me know if you need any help

Old 10-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

are you refering to the enrichern(choke) cable that go into the side and has a 12mm(i think)nut that holds into place? if so it just unscrews right out and has a plunger on a spring inside that you just slide out. i thought the throttle cable just sets into the throttle carrier.