Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Getting new axles.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting new axles.

Brought it in to the dealer this morning. They have the axles and it should be ready this evening or Monday. They are aware of the ball joint issues also and will check it out while in the shop. Machine is still in warranty plus I have the extended warranty on it. Well at least it didn't leave me stuck in the swamp like my last Honda did!!

Old 11-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

Dropped mine off this morning as well. They are going to check everything over including my axles. He said he was aware of a clicking issue in some XP's. He said "still under warranty, so i don't see what we can't get soemthing ordered for you".

That's why I drove 40 minutes to a dealer I know well versus the one 5 minutes from me and always seemed to ignore me when I was there!

Old 11-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

Talked to the mechanic today, one axle sent was the wrong length. Waiting for the correct one. Also they will replace the front ball joint's. Also ordered two rear wheel spacer's to replace the washer's. Hope to get it back this Saturday. Prime riding time is coming up down here, wood's are finally thinning out and not looking like a jungle!

Old 12-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Update on mine....

Took it in about 12 days ago and gave a call today. They are replacing everything either under the recall claim (steering knuckles, etc) and the axles under warranty so it will be no cost to me....it's just that none of the parts have come in yet so it's a waiting game at this point!

Old 12-04-2009, 05:39 AM
Range Rover
BUY AMERICAN!
Smile

Got my XP back yesterday..Dealer replaced rear axles,front shocks and the front differental.(clicking rear axles-front shocks the bottom metal bushing was worn causing a clanking noise-Front diff. grinding when in ADC)Total cost 50.00 dollars..Sure is good to have a good relationship with the dealer..Miles on 09 XP 3165.....

Old 12-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

Picked up the machine this morning in the rain. They replaced the rear axles finally due to Polaris sending one that was the wrong length. Front balljoint kit still not in so I will have to take it back later. I did end up replacing the washers with spacer's in the rear for more wheel clearance. I tried it out as soon as I got it home even though it was still raining lightly and the bike seem's fine now. Top notch mechanic at the dealer I bought it from and can't understand what's the problem with getting the right part's shipped and on time. I don't know what else he did to my machine but it run's like a scalded ape now. Can't wait to get it in the wood's and through a little mud! I'm still amazed how such a large bike like this one can handle like a smaller one!

Old 12-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by skychief
I'm still amazed how such a large bike like this one can handle like a smaller one!
Don't tell that to the Honda guys, they'll never believe it!!!

But I know its true

Old 12-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

I was also almost brainwashed by Mr. Honda untill my Rancher's electric shift system left me stuck in a swamp!! They have their problem's too, I had a couple of Honda's, they're good but not quite perfect. My "roid's" do love the smoother ride of the Polaris too!!

Old 12-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

Ditched the washer's and put wheel spacer's while it was in the shop. A lot more clearance from the swaybar now.