Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris recalls the XP

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lovmudd
It looks like they just did a recall on the XP a couple of hours ago as reported by the Associated Press . 4:11 p.m. EST, December 22, 2009.
Just talked to the dealer again. Looks like Polaris pulled the projected date for parts arrival. There is no date at this time. I've got the service guy calling Polaris for more info. He has no paperwork on this recall as of today.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:13 AM
DCT
Banned

Yea, it's probably going to take them some time to get everything in order and get all the parts in.

I'm done blowing off steam... doesn't do any good. I hope you guys get your machines fixed soon, and can enjoy them with peace of mine. I'm sure Polaris will get it right.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

-Plastic steering bushings in the late 90ies on all Sportsmans
-Leaky water pumps on the 700 models
-Camouflage plastic turning PURPLE in the sun
-Over heating/stalling 500cc with EFI when they first came out
-Polaris Warn winches catching on fire
-Steering falling apart on the XP's

I don't think it would hurt for Polaris have a few PROTOTYPE models and put some time, use, and abuse on them. MAYBE they could catch the obvious!

Afterall, many of the above problems occurred right out of the dealer's showroom! LOL! (leaky 700 water pumps and over heating 500EFI's to be most specific! I know, I was a victim of their poor workmanship! LOL!)

I am happy that they have stepped up to the plate to fix these problems BUT I don't see why they were over looked in the first place.

-MT

Old 12-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Here is where I saw the recall letter dated over a month ago..................

http://www.nyrocatv.com/forum.cgi?vi...iewtopic=29358

Old 12-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by mtpockets
-Plastic steering bushings in the late 90ies on all Sportsmans
-Leaky water pumps on the 700 models
-Camouflage plastic turning PURPLE in the sun
-Over heating/stalling 500cc with EFI when they first came out
-Polaris Warn winches catching on fire
-Steering falling apart on the XP's

I don't think it would hurt for Polaris have a few PROTOTYPE models and put some time, use, and abuse on them. MAYBE they could catch the obvious!

Afterall, many of the above problems occurred right out of the dealer's showroom! LOL! (leaky 700 water pumps and over heating 500EFI's to be most specific! I know, I was a victim of their poor workmanship! LOL!)

I am happy that they have stepped up to the plate to fix these problems BUT I don't see why they were over looked in the first place.

-MT
You know I think i remember hearing the XP was the most tested ATV Polaris had ever made? I want to say I read they Logged 10,000 test miles on a single machine? Anyone remember hearing that?
Here is a possible theory and this is purely speculation on my part,and I said this long ago..
The parts used to make the test machines,and maybe even some of the earlier run machines may have had tighter quality control and maybe were of higher quality...some where along the line quality of the parts MADE BY SUPPLIERS started going down hill. Now was this because the suppliers built the good stuff initially to get a contract? Or did Polaris ask them at some point to cut costs? Or did Polaris change suppliers and if so why?
How much of the machine does Polaris actually make? Have there been any issues with any parts that Polaris actually manufacturers?
Again I have no hint of proof of any of this,just an idea...Just some food for thought...

I recently heard about a brand new ATV,not a Polaris, that had a balljoint snap in the first few miles,luckily at about 2 mph...the part was grossly defective,you could see a large air bubble in the metal...stuff like that can happen,these aren't aircraft and the parts aren't x-rayed after manufacturing...but it should be very rare..and even ONE reported case,let alone NINETEEN, should cause the manufacturer to immediately investigate the cause and make sure it isn't an issue with quality control,the manufacturing process or a supplier simply cheaping out. IMO we pay enough that the companies should loose sleep over stuff like that,not us!

Old 12-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE
You know I think i remember hearing the XP was the most tested ATV Polaris had ever made? I want to say I read they Logged 10,000 test miles on a single machine? Anyone remember hearing that?
Here is a possible theory and this is purely speculation on my part,and I said this long ago..
The parts used to make the test machines,and maybe even some of the earlier run machines may have had tighter quality control and maybe were of higher quality...some where along the line quality of the parts MADE BY SUPPLIERS started going down hill. Now was this because the suppliers built the good stuff initially to get a contract? Or did Polaris ask them at some point to cut costs? Or did Polaris change suppliers and if so why?
How much of the machine does Polaris actually make? Have there been any issues with any parts that Polaris actually manufacturers?
Again I have no hint of proof of any of this,just an idea...Just some food for thought...
This is the same thing that got American car Co. in trouble and Polaris is going down the same exact route! I personaly blame the Union for all of the issues!!!!

Old 12-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DODGE57HEMI
This is the same thing that got American car Co. in trouble and Polaris is going down the same exact route! I personaly blame the Union for all of the issues!!!!

Are Polaris products union made?? Wasn't your Ram 1500 union made? Don't you work for a company that uses union labor?? What do you have against unions???

BTW, I'm a union steamfitter... and a libertarian... and I do live with a huge conflict of interest between my union's left wing BS and my own political beliefs. I don't vote the way they want, don't listen to their crap, and after working in Ford, Delphi, and GM plants, I understand if you bag on the UAW (I assume that would be the union that makes Polaris's, if they are union made). Just don't lump all unions together, as some of them are competing daily and succesfully against non-union workers in unbiased, free market situations. Skilled trade unions, that is.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by bitterfitter
Are Polaris products union made?? Wasn't your Ram 1500 union made? Don't you work for a company that uses union labor?? What do you have against unions???

BTW, I'm a union steamfitter... and a libertarian... and I do live with a huge conflict of interest between my union's left wing BS and my own political beliefs. I don't vote the way they want, don't listen to their crap, and after working in Ford, Delphi, and GM plants, I understand if you bag on the UAW (I assume that would be the union that makes Polaris's, if they are union made). Just don't lump all unions together, as some of them are competing daily and succesfully against non-union workers in unbiased, free market situations. Skilled trade unions, that is.
No I dont work for the Union NEVER will!!!!! I sam not going to get into a big debate about it but will say this I LOVE my country and my Dodge but that does not meen I support Unions or the Liberal way of thinking. If we left it up to the Unions/Liberals to run this country we would be no better off than say that of the old Russia! I like to spend my money on things that work and not on what is the current trend in life or what the goverment tells me to!

Old 12-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

No I dont work for the Union NEVER will!!!!! I sam not going to get into a big debate about it but will say this I LOVE my country and my Dodge but that does not meen I support Unions or the Liberal way of thinking. If we left it up to the Unions/Liberals to run this country we would be no better off than say that of the old Russia! I like to spend my money on things that work and not on what is the current trend in life or what the goverment tells me to!
Seems we think alot alike, my friend. It's tough to have a conservative, freedom minded political outlook and be a union member. I constantly get crap from my brothers, my leadership(non of whom I voted for), my PAC guys, who gripe that I won't give them money that they will just turn around and give to liberal A-holes.... I would say about half of the guys I work with are like minded. About half of those ride quads. I do what I do because I love it, but I deal with the union for the money, and the benefits.. Yes, I suck. But my wife and kids have great health insurance, and I have a pension and an annuity.. Right now, it's worth the hassle. Someday, it might not be.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider
Thumbs down

I personaly blame the Union for all of the issues!!!!
OK, it's the workers fault, the ball joints are bad, not Polaris management. Not really interested in a political discussion here, so no need to down this path any further.

Quick Reply: Polaris recalls the XP