Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

well i did it today. shatterd the front rim. the day before the wheel bots striped

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

polaris lug nuts for the aluminium wheels are cheap azz junk... I have a 07 sportsman 500 and have been replacing them often... I don't use a torque wrench but I certain I'm not going to 90 lbs... I have not stripped a lub nut tightening them but I check the lugs from time to time and find loose ones and try to tighten them and find they are stripped... I have not had to replace a stud though... at $2 apiece for lug nuts though I am not a happy camper...

Old 03-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DCT
Nah... just take the piece of the busted up wheel and throw it at them.
i still have the rock. i can throw that at them. the rim is worth more to me than the rock. lol

Originally Posted by 09 popo HO
You weren't kidding when you said it had a hole in it. Holy $%^&.
Some one on kijiji was just selling a set of popo steel wheels for $85 for all 4. I should pounced on that deal just in case my rims explode like yours did.

This is the main reason I would like to get some 14" rims. It would give more clearance between the dish of the rim and the discs.

I remember being unmarried and without kids. If you wanted something, you bought it. Trying to get the go ahead for new quad stuff has been difficult lately. I think she's jealous of the POPO.
ya its a big hole. its a never ending repairs. i still need a trans for my pickup. but i may buy a differnt truck if i can get the one i want cheap enough.

im single and still haveing a tough time getting what i want. just cuz the job market is slow. if it wasent for that. the i could get anything id want.

Originally Posted by popoman
think about that for one second.. you pull out a toy... they are threatened and pull out a real one and there you stand with your toy...

you bluff in poker, not with guns.

either get a concealed permit and a handgun training/safety course or dont play that game.
been thinking about it.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:22 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya- but think of the eye damage you could do with a laser

Old 03-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

need to get the laser guns the law enforcement has. some company came out with a green laser the police use to blind someone attacking them. they showed it on the news. that be nice to have. that sucker was bright.....

Old 03-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

well think im gona turn my broken rim into a clock. i cut the broken part off today. im just looking for the clock parts now......

before
Name:  DSC02766.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  140.6 KB
Name:  DSC02769.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  111.7 KB
after
Name:  DSC02820.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  111.9 KB
Name:  DSC02819.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  116.8 KB
Name:  DSC02818.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  127.7 KB
Name:  DSC02817.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  140.1 KB

Old 03-30-2010, 06:16 AM
Trailblazer

Looks like a clean cut, what did you use a band saw?

Old 03-30-2010, 08:59 AM
Trailblazer

That's going to be one nice looking clock.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by FunRide
That's good your Dad got the gun. I would have run for the gun and touched a couple off in a situation like that.

Moose...I had a bunch of drunk fools follow me on Rt7 in Vermont between Bennington and Manchester....I'm sure you know the dark human-less stretch. Anyway, the fools pulled right up on my tail and then shut their lights off at like 2am. It was so dark I couldn't see them at all. Complete blackness. Every once in while they would blow the horn. I was fuming and a bit freaked out since it went on for so long. Started speeding up to around 80 and they were right there in the dark. Got really worried about hitting a deer or a moose. Wanted to do a brake-check and cause a massive crash, but wasn't sure how I'd fair It's easy to get the blood pressure going through the roof in a situation like that. Can you just imagine the ***** of those fools.....What if I had the kids in the car.
It proves there are idiots everywhere. I know the stretch of road you're talking about. Not fun at night. You reminded me of something. I used to drive my kids to the church school a couple towns over. There was a traffic light that everyone in the left lane goes straight and the people in the right lane turn right. I was at the head of the line and the light turned green and I accelerated. I was just getting into the merge area after the light when a kid came ripping up the right side and forced me to cross the yellow line to avoid crunching together. He had one of those nice, "if you don't like how I drive, dial eat ____". I wrote his license plate down and watched him cut a few more people off in the following months. I ended up needing an oil change and went to the local Jiffy Lube. While in line I noticed a car with a delightful bumper sticker. I asked the manager if the kid with that car worked there and he told me yes. He was doing my oil change. The manager asked me why I asked. Told him the story. The manager said, "Yeah, he can be a real idiot at times." I asked if he would mind if I threatened him a little bit. He got a big smile and said go for it. At the time I was 6'3" and 250 and was built like Teddy Bruschi. AFTER he finished the oil change and I was ready to go I took the kid aside and explained what he had done to me in traffic with my kids in the truck. He started turning white. I explained that he was fortunate that at this time I am a Christian and that if he had done it before or does it again I would personally rip his arm off and beat him to death with it. I never saw him cut off anybody again.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Miaugi
Looks like a clean cut, what did you use a band saw?
i was gona have a local machine shop cut it. but it was to big, and there is to many spokes for it to fit on there machine.

so. i put it on the back wheel. blocked up the back end, and chocked the front wheels. set the idle a little high. and sat there first with a file then with a hack saw blade. about 45 or so min later. it came off. nice and smooth cut........

some one said use a sawzall. but ida never made a clean cut like that with that. plus ida have to deal with it 2 times. once for the cut and again to get it clean.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

i whent and got a 1/4" thick block today. and got the clock guts. probley wont be here tell sat or so. but i need to figure out how to turn the 1/4" thick block and make it like a cap to cover the center hole so i can mount the clock guts to it. but here is a paint drawing to get an idea. "just and idea" for now...

Name:  polarisclock.png
Views: 79
Size:  1.18 MB

Quick Reply: well i did it today. shatterd the front rim. the day before the wheel bots striped