Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Got my new Sportsman XP WES box!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my new Sportsman XP WES box!

I received my new Sportsman XP box kit on Tuesday and installed it last night on my quad. This box is nice! The kit comes with 4 quick mounts. It was easy to install. As per the instructions I took of the rear rack and placed the box upside down. Marked from under where I needed to drill the 4 holes, drilled and connected the 4 mounts and I was done! Now I can take the box on and off in seconds.

It has plenty of room on the inside and even a spot to place a gas can. The seat has a nice thick cushion and back rest. My 5 year old loves it. We took it aournd the block and it is nice and solid. It even come with a lock and 2 keys! I cant wait to take my boy next week to the Cheese Trails to really test it out! Thanks atvsuperstore.com for your great service!

Old 08-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

That looks like a very nice addition to the weeler,be carefull riding two on them trails.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MrMarty51
That looks like a very nice addition to the weeler,be carefull riding two on them trails.
That's a fact for sure..... Off-camber riding with two people that high up is scary, even at slow speeds. Rode with a bigger guy couple weeks ago that mis-judged the camber of a trail and went for a ride. Good thing he didn't have somebody with him. He dropped into a ditch and flipped the machine. He was OK though. Riding "two-up" with adults on a wheeler meant for one is an accident waiting to happen IMO. Ride safe and be very careful on off-camber sections. If they're short sections, it's worth it to just get off and walk for a bit until the trail is relatively flat again. You don't want to hurt the people you're riding with....and these things can hurt you bad, even at slow speeds. -If everybody was 20 years old and 150lbs it might not be that bad to roll the rig, but 99% of the time, that's not the case. I don't know about you, but I do not heal quite so quick anymore. My shoulder is still hurting from my last "incident" and that was three weeks ago.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Trailblazer

I pruchased the box for my little one. It is perfect for him. We went for a nice 100 mile ride yesterday and he loved it. He even ended up taking a hour nap at one point. Much nicer box then expected.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Box looks great!