Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Buying first ATV

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the idea, King....that's where I started. None but the company whose quote I mentioned above returned my emails. I have good news, though! I took the plunge!

Today I searched online until my eyeballs bled, and looked for prices to compare (because I had read that the freight, just like any numbers when buying a car or whatnot, can be rolled in and presented anyway you like.)
Found kbb atv section (under motorcycles) and they had the msrp at $5345. I then found polarisatv forums and searched under their pricing subforums and saw everything posted from $5600 to over $6K for new, no package.

Well, I called the company who I had been emailing, who has been great so far, and agreed to the price of $11,600 with tax. Minus the $800 in tax, I paid $5400 each including the freight and docs. From looking around, that is very typical. Left work early and booked over to the bank for the down payment, and then went there. Hubby called and I claimed I had some other shopping to do so I could buy more time.

The dealership I bought them at was huge! Great salesman to work with as well, so I'm happy! I finally got to see the quads in person and they ROCK! Now I just have to find a couple very large bows.

Thanks to everyone on here for all of your help. I would have been clueless without your advice. I also plan on asking you all for a lot more of it in the future! Will post pictures when they are revealed a week from tomorrow! I'm hoping to give my camera to my neighbor ahead of time so she can position herself in the garage and as the door goes up, start snapping some great "they're leaping through the roof with excitement" pix.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to hear you got what you wanted. I am going to check back to look at the pix after x-mas.... Ask the dealer but there should be some kind of certificate/rebate when you buy a new quad and take a safety course. With my King I think it was 100 dollars.... You could use that for some additional equipment.

Happy Trails

Old 12-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks, King. You've had a lot of great ideas and suggestions!