Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What is Polaris Thinking?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 04:12 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down What is Polaris Thinking?

Went up to Osceola, WI this Christmas to play in the snow. I saw a town reeling from a billion dollar company making record profits (POLARIS) closing a plant that makes ATVs and Ranger parts, engines and other components. Those jack holes (POLARIS) has closed over half the plant and will be shutting the rest down soon. Ask where it is going -Salito, MEXICO!

That is over 550 jobs sent south to MEXICO. Cheap labor is the reason.

I have purchased my last Polaris.

An option may be to purchase an Artic Cat which is still made here.

This is such a shame because this is Osceola's largest employer.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:02 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Weedy this started long before today and I don't just mean Polaris! When I read about the Magnavox plant that started up in Mexico in 1977(and about the USA plant that closed!) and the nice paved roads to and from the plant and then the workers situation. Tin roofed shacks,dirt roads to the plant,plus at that time they were able to find out what the workers were being paid, (which was like slave labor),unlike a lot of the hush,hush crap now! Plus I had one of the last USA made Magnavox crt tvs and lasted me almost 16 years! I said no more,(like this would help ) and didn't buy another one!They may have corporate headquarters still here but not a heck of a lot of US workers like they used to have! It's TOO LATE,ask the people especially in Michigan and some other hard hit states. New World Order, Globalization,whatever you want to call it,we've been sold out down the road for years and part of the blame belongs to us because we want cheap prices! Nuff said, I just get madder and madder! OPT

Old 12-31-2011, 09:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are looking for a strictly American ATV sourced and assembled you can't do it. Can-
Am is Canadian, Artic Cat has used Japanese engines for years. All vehicles usually have at least part of the assembly or parts from around the world. Without turning this into a political discussion, the laws, federal bureaucratic mandates, environMENTAL ists, tax codes and unions have made it difficult to build much of anything except higher items tech in the U.S.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:34 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by davidaz
If you are looking for a strictly American ATV sourced and assembled you can't do it. Can-
Am is Canadian, Artic Cat has used Japanese engines for years. All vehicles usually have at least part of the assembly or parts from around the world. Without turning this into a political discussion, the laws, federal bureaucratic mandates, environMENTAL ists, tax codes and unions have made it difficult to build much of anything except higher items tech in the U.S.
your right. this isn't going to start a big pissing match even though i agree w/ what is being siad!