Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Cannondale Forum on ATV Connection?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2001, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about it? I'll take a Raptor with +2 A-arms and a Durablue axle or... wait a minute....
The Cannondale is here in Silver City, New Mexico!! It's real!! It's in the new Dirt Wheels!! Yeah that's some ugly new plastic, the prototype looked way better, but the black and silver looks pretty good. EFI !! Aluminum frame, only a 432cc, but only 355 lbs! Looks like a very well thought out machine. I love the pictures of the frame in Dirt Wheels..no reverse..more money..unproven,,but the raptor seems to have lots of little problems. Can you tell I've given up on my H.O.?? SH!! I guess I'll trade it in like 3TV did. Except I already sold the quad that was supposed to be my wife's.
MORE ON CANNONDALE,,anybody got one? ridden one?? seen one?? Let's get that Cannondale forum going Mr. Administrator atvttvttvvttbs please.. Fourlix

And Hey, I sold my boat!! Actually traded for a smaller one and some dough..Nice 26.5 Hunter sloop. had a 35 Legend, way too much dough for a toy..Yeah I know, what the hell am I doing with a boat like that in the desert?? The new one has wheels....

Old 03-21-2001, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

there was a guy here a while ago that claimed to have a cannondale. havent herd from him sence.

its not fair to compaire the HO and the canondale. its apples and oranges.

the cannondale is a nice race quad but is VERY expensive and theres very few dealers for them.

i would also worry about having mountian bike mechanics work on a EFI quad thats very complicated.

later
jon

Old 03-21-2001, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

I would save myself a few thousand and buy a new Banshee and put some pipes on it and practice roosting that frankenstien looking thing

Old 03-22-2001, 01:45 AM
Trailblazer

Just read the post ahead of me. Tryed a few times to give a honest comparison to other quads I have riden on and riden with. All I seem to hear is my quad is better then yours or it nothing but junk. And these a-holes have never rode one or even seen one in person. Yes I own one, in fact the first one cannondale sold. It was the display one at Indy. So why beat my head on the wall? I took it that this forum was for imformation not bashing. So thats why I quit giving reports on it.

RACERJIM

Old 03-22-2001, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider

Gee Racer Jim I can only apologize for my own moronic behavior, not these other guys. The Polaris forum is usually better than that.
I dabble a little over in Yamahaland where they are far worse, and the Honda guys, forget it. Really, the coolest guys are on the Arctic Cat forum. They are sooo laid back. I had one, didn't like it, but they are a cool bunch.
Maybe the Cannondale forum, which has got to be not far off, will have some class. The technological advances are impressive, and will help drive the whole industry forward.
I wish for a Desert Racer with EFI,IRS, wide,long, light, powerful, with great handling and performance. Cannondale comes close,very close, but at that price it needs to be right on.
All the big quad manufacturers have the technology and none of them are using it. Yet we pay enormous sums for 70's technology quads.
Forums like this can raise consumer consciousness. Frankly, I can't understand some of the illiterate posts on these Forums, or the nerve of people who write that badly and post it for thousands to read. How embarassing for them.
I'm sure many are just kids, but, what does that say about our schools? Not much I'm afraid. It is so so easy to correct yourself on these new fangled computers, I just don't understand sloppy writing, or the punk attitude that seems to go with it. Okay, I was a punk too, now I'm an old f*rt, but at least I can write.
I really want to know about Cannondale. I could easily have one within a month. But the DS and the Raptor are also a consideration. I am also thinking there may be something new in the not-to-distant future, like a 650 Honda or a 700 V-twin Polaris of interest. Should I stay or should I go? Should I trade in my H.O. or just stay put for a while? I am feeling a need for speed and lighter weight that the H.O. is not going to deliver. But I don't want a Squirley handling race quad wanna-be either. High performance without great handling is a Banshee, and that is not what I'm looking for.
Silly Later,,,,Fourlix

Old 03-22-2001, 03:45 AM
Pro Rider

Just my opinion RACERJIM, I dont own a Cannondale and can surely say I wont anytime soon, I wasnt bashing your bike but I really dont care how you took my comment, fourlix asked a ? and I gave a silly answer As far as your a-hole remark Ive been called worse by better,lol! You guys can lighten up some I know as well as you about being frustrated,We Polaris owners take more than our fair share of bashing and name calling on a daily basis from all of the other forums, I have long since left behind my glory days as a uninformed teen, I just come here to talk some shop and have some fun, Really there was no harm intended.

Old 03-23-2001, 12:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

First of all, the coolest forum is definitely the Arctic Cat forum. They are laid back and have great advise. This comment can be taken at face value because I don't own an ATV - YET. They don't bash and they admit problems. Second, why didn't you like the Acrctic cat? I'm lamenting over whether I want an AC500 auto or an SP 500HO. I know they are way different, but I like them for different reasons (price, maintenance, ect...). I'm looking for feedback on the AC and SP. Thanks

Old 03-23-2001, 07:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

RACERJIM, Just ignore the bashers in all forums. There are people like me who would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on the new Cannon, and good luck with it.