Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

PRO Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-1999, 01:35 PM
ray
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sure that most of you may have recieved your PRO Polaris mag that is put out every so often. If so I thought I would point out a couple of thing that I noticed. There was major coverage of the 45th aniversery celebration just held. The big new being how Polaris is "setting new precedents with the new sportcruiser" Victory mortorcycle. It was unveiled at Sturgis by Kyle and Richard Petty. They even had a customizing guy named arlen Ness trick one out which I am sure they paid big mula to. Then an article on Jesse "the Gov" Ventura riding the Genesis FFI "the worlds cleanest running personal watercraft". Then on to some racers piling up points down under for the world finals. Then to snowmobiles and how they are using some VES motor and how great it is for snowmobiling. Oh by the way they do have the 00 line up of atv's. A whole 2 pages of the dumb gloves showing you which atv to use and for what pourpose. I guess Iamjust a bit frustrated with this. I have been a suporter of Polaris atv's now for about 12 years but am really disapointed in their willingness to push forward in the sport segment. Also now that honda is comming out with the new auto I am sure you will see lots of insentives to buy an sportsman ( or any other model) next summer. Anyone have any imput on this?

Old 09-23-1999, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto. Great magazine, not so great ATV coverage. Not sure why. Maybe the majority of their ATV customers are for utility, and don't care to read the magazine anyway. Just my thoughts.