Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

anybody know iowa law?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 05:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1ArmBandit
i didnt even have to walk into the court room to see the judge, the states attorney and the cop just dropped it when they seen i had a folder full of atv laws and regs.

he said he had a video and when i told him it was impossible because i never touched the highway and that ill walk into trial right then and there and lay down all my evidence he crumbled and dropped all charges muahaha
He had a video... What a jerk off!

Old 05-29-2015, 04:50 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Kinda sorta like what happened to me in Murphy Texas about 3 years ago.Had my wife's car,went into the store,forgot to put up my handicap placard. Got back,had a big long ticket. Went to court,showed my placard,plus showed that I had h/c plates on my old truck. In Texas you can't have two plates if vehicle isn't in your name(car was in the wife's name)so I had the placard. The lady lawyer from the court was going to charge me $568 for not displaying it! I said how come the signs in Murphy said from $50 if you didn't display it or $200 if you were parked illegal without proof. She told me they were in the"process" of changing the signs.. BIG lie as they are still there and say the same thing.I sat there and argued with her and the woman judge until they said go and they'd drop it. Be careful in these small towns that try to make up laws as they go..