Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Bike!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 09:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks opt is there any way to know which one for sure? I agree the db is cheaper but ricks does have a good rep for electronics also should i replace the pickup coil too?

Old 01-21-2018, 03:11 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Call DB first as they do show the part#stator for your model listed in Polaris Parts and Partzilla(4010911). Plus you should have a crank position sensor coming out of the bottom of the flywheel cover that takes the place of the pick up coil.That stays.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:00 AM
Trailblazer

Ok will do thanks

Old 01-21-2018, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If that exhaust leak isn't the donut, it's a hole right in the middle of the y pipe. If you can weld, you can try that route, otherwise you'll need a new one.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:16 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks i will check i am pretty sure it is the donut and i have a new one just gotta get those pesky springs off finally been nice enough to work on it!

Old 01-22-2018, 08:26 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Just get you one of these.Makes short work of pulling,installing springs without tearing your fingers up. Most auto stores have them. If not listed as a spring puller,they may be listed as a dent puller. That's where the idea came from.

Attached Thumbnails New Bike!-20-183-2t.gif.png  
Old 01-22-2018, 09:17 AM
Trailblazer

I will look for one of those today or tomorrow i about ripped my hands up trying pliers this weekend and still didn't get them off lol

Old 01-22-2018, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I now have one of those tools as well. Couple years ago, putting my exhaust back on my snowmobile, I stabbed myself right in the eye with a needlenose. I lucked out big time, and never had any complications from it. Kind of scary though.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:50 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Powerranger262
I now have one of those tools as well. Couple years ago, putting my exhaust back on my snowmobile, I stabbed myself right in the eye with a needlenose. I lucked out big time, and never had any complications from it. Kind of scary though.
Man,glad you're ok.. I've busted knuckles,torn up fingers but nothing quite that bad.. Back in the "olden" days around 86-87 I'd buy dent pullers off the tool trucks and made the hook have a little sharper bend for the springs. Worked great. Over time other techs had the same idea and places like Motion Pro jumped in on it and made those funky little wire loop spring pullers. Still killed your hand,but they at least worked. Then someone else just converted over dent pullers and the rest is history. I sure remember the old green handled pullers in this picture.I'd get a couple different lengths and alter them for easy and hard to reach springs.

Attached Thumbnails New Bike!-30pcset.jpg  
Old 01-22-2018, 06:36 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerranger262
Wow. I'm glad you're okay. I cut my eye on cement when I was a baby or toddler and I was lucky too. I think the scar finally faded away but I had a little red mark on my eyeball for decades.

The only thing I stabbed lately was my fingertip, about a week ago. I was poking holes in these air-filled plastic packaging things that look like little pillows. I let the air out so they don't fill up my trash can. I was thinking, "I better be careful so I don't , *&^%$#@!" I was more careful today when I got another package.

P.S. I made handles for my pocket chainsaw out of pieces of a broom handle and a couple of nails that I bent into the same shape as the spring puller. I had washers on the nails so the heads wouldn't wear a hole in the wood. They might work as a spring puller too but an actual spring puller is thinner and smoother than the nails. Supreme Products, Inc. Maker of The Pocket Chainsaw