Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

SP500 vs. SP335?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-1999, 12:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Polaris_Rules- What do they rule? The almighty kingdom of Quadville? The Diesel ATV market? The poor reliability King? Highest % of atv sales for 1 year running? A small village in the Amazon Basin? What do they rule. Nice name. Real original. Now Andy Bash-em is bashing your name. I'm bashing Polaris real hard right here you see. I'm saying that the 335 polaris is totally in every way inferior to a different quad. Hmmm... could that other quad be... a.. another Polaris? Maybe the Sportsman 500? Ohhhhhh! It is! I'm laying it on heavy on Polaris here alright. An opinion that is even on topic. 335 or 500? I think I'll change my name to ARCTIC CAT RULES. Then I would feel more acceptable around here. Maybe Honda Rules! Shoot, maybe I'l trade in on a sportsman and call myself POLARIS_RULES_II. If you really want to keep me off the polaris forum, then I suggest you drive to Arkansas, walk in here and pull the plug on this PC. I have to warn you though, as soon as you leave, I'll just plug it back in.

------------------
Andy Bassham *(1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4, 1989 Honda 300)*

Old 11-25-1999, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

Huh???????

Arctic Cat 500, RULES!!!were made to be broken

Old 11-25-1999, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

Your one tough dude BASH-EM.As soon as you leave I'll plug it back in love it!!!! COB

Old 11-25-1999, 12:01 PM
Trailblazer

Polaris rules could also spell polaris "luser"if you changed the letters around,Just a thought though in case you wanted another name so people here might like you again!!

Old 11-25-1999, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

Dang Polaris rules you just took a bashing from the meanest person on the forums. You have been asking for it all day, and i've been trying to shut you up but no. You just had to keep on and I guess you got what you were asking for. This was at one time a friendly discusion before you made that comment about him staying on the cat forum. Well you know. Maybe now your going to want all of us cat owners to stay on our site. All Andy was doing was putting in his 2 cents worth on something I'm sure he knows about and you started in just asking for a bashing. So why dont you go hop on your reliability king Polaris and gripe about it whenever it breaks down on you in the middle of nowhere and then you will have something else to complain about then instead of people that are on here just trying to help people out with answers to what they know. Hold on I guess I ought to scratch the part about you coming back on here griping about the Polaris breaking down because I know your not going to let anyone know about anything bad happening to the "Great Polaris". Well heck I'm on a roll now. I'm going to give you a little help on your griping problem. If you can go a whole 2 weeks without complaining about Andy or anything he says I'll make a post doing nothing but apologizing to you for anything that I have ever said to you. Now I know 2 weeks is a long time to go without complaining but I think you can do it. However if you do want to gripe at him be my guest. But I must warn you your going to take another Bashing, but it will probably be 10 times worse. So go on Gripe.

Old 11-25-1999, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

Hey,HEY! Back to the Sportsmen please.
BushHog
'99 Sportsman 335 "All that and a tube of grease."

Old 11-28-1999, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

thanx for all the HELPFUL info guys.
I've been playin around on a new Polaris SP335 and a Yamaha Gizzly all last week (huntin buddies atv's). I like the power of the Grizz but the whinniny tranny sucked. the IRS on the polaris was better than the suspension on my truck. the grizz blew the sp335 away in acceleration (duh). but the SP335 was a much nicer ride. SP335 does seem to be underpowered.
so another question.....
how does the power of the SP500 compare to the Grizz 600? i know the SP will ride alot better.
thanx again for the help.

Old 11-28-1999, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

I'd try out the Sportsman 500 and the Magnum 500... They BOTH (in my opinion) are superior to the Grizzly.
On another note... Give'em HELL Bash-em...

Old 11-28-1999, 09:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

From what I've heard from various owners and shootouts over the last year 1/2 is that the Grizzly will beat the Sportsman 500 in a drag pretty consistently, but the difference isn't really that much. Not enough for this to be a big deciding point between the two. Unless of course you are a person with a big ego and have to be able to claim to have the faster quad. The sportsmans suspension usually gives it the edge in shootouts between these two. I found both to have whiny transmissions, and I also thought that the Grizzly turned a little tighter and easier as well, but again, the difference was so small that it was insignificant.

What I liked better about the Sportsman:
1. It rode more comfortably than the Grizz.
2. I really like the 60watt headlight.
3. Of course the two fronts both pulling.

What I liked better about the Grizzly:
1. The steel pegs in the floorboards are much
better than the plastic ones on the SP500.
2. I prefer steel racks, even though I wasn't
fond of the overhang on the sides of the
Grizzly's front racks.
3. I still like the fact that the Grizzly can
have 4wd going downhill, even if it didn't
have both fronts pulling all the time.

------------------
Andy Bassham *(1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4, 1989 Honda 300)*