Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trailer Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2000, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you like the Crew Cab Nissan? I have a 1995 Pathfinder and I want to add a Crewcab to my garage. Saw a 2000 SE sweet looking. I don't care about not being able to put in it the bed, I am already equiped to haul quads with my Pathfinder and will keep the Pathfinder for that duty.I did not like having the ATV in the bed with my previous Nissan Pickup. Can you carry 4 people in comfort? It is either that or an Xterra.

Old 01-12-2000, 08:31 PM
Trailblazer

I like the CrewCab. I bought it to carry people and haul some un-SUV stuff like a new stove. I love the Nissan interior, and the back seat is useful for short hauls.

But.....The gas mileage is terrible. The engine could really use 30 or 40 hp more. My 93 Ranger got much better mileage, and had more power.

The bed is too short for any quad or much of anything. To carry sheetrock, I had to carry four 2x4's to keep it from cracking. And do yourself a favor, get the bed extender. I actually makes the bed nearly full size, but it still short.

If you could wait the Ford SportTrac looks more worthwhile. Bigger engine and the same gas mileage. I haven't had any problems with the truck, just a few annoyances like the gas mileage.

If you like your Pathfinder, you'll like the CrewCab, the Xterra is the same truck, just shorter and 5 grand more around here.

Oh, and don't believe the dealer that they are flying off the lot. I bought mine for well under sticker and even behind invoice. I haven't even seen one other than my own on the road. People ask me about it, but have walked away because the dealers are asking waaaay to much for the truck.

Best Of Luck,

Jack

Old 01-12-2000, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Thunder,
There are trailer builders around here that make trailers similar to what Andrew is describing... They are narrow, so they don't stick out the side of your truck, and they are long... usually about 13 ft.
The heat thing about them is that they have structural spanned steel for the flooring.. NO wood to rot, no mud to collect up, and when your tires are muddy or wet, you don't spin all over the place. The ones I've seen have full sized wheels and tires, fenders, a spanned metal drop gate (ramp).
If I had to buy one new, I'd just go with a 16' tandem flatbed, simply because I would use it for much more than hauling wheelers.. But, if thats your main thing you're gonna haul... Thats what I would buy.. Or have built.