Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

4 wheeler wreck takes life

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2001, 01:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]MY BROTHER WAS IN A BAD FOURWHEELER RECK LAST TUESDAY 7/3/01

HE STAYED IN ICU FOR 6 DAYS HE DIED SUNDAY 7/8/01 FROM HEAD

TRAMA HE WAS NOT WEARING A HELMET ALL THE INJERY WAS TO HIS

HEAD HIS BIRTHDAY WAS THE DAY AFTER THE WRECK 7/4/01 HE WOULD

HAVE BEEN 17 YEARS OLD HIS NAME IS BILLY JOE WILSON

WE ARE FROM MONROE CO. GA.

WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPEND OR HOW HE WRECKED

THAT’S ABOUT ALL I CAN SAY FOR NOW

Old 07-09-2001, 02:41 PM
Range Rover

i am sorry to hear that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2001, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about that. It must be horrable. May God bless your brother, and comfort and console you and your family.

Old 07-09-2001, 06:42 PM
Trailblazer

I am so very sorry to hear that. That tells everyone to wear helmets. I have had two people sent to the hospital on mine. And once again sorry to hear about your brother.

Old 07-09-2001, 09:47 PM
Range Rover

I too am sorry to hear of your loss. I think, above all else, that this goes to express the need for wearing a helmet. With modern medicine today, you can just about replace every thing in or on the human body except the head. Just because we ride on four wheels instead of two doesn't make us any safer. We just had a person die up here from an ATV accident. He was riding on the road and wasn't wearing a helmet when he hit a telephone pole. Please, people wear your helmets, even when you are just playing around.

Old 07-09-2001, 10:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am very,very, sorry about your lose.The Head Trama injury indicates that your brother was obviously somehow hit in the head while not wearing his helmet.While this accident is a huge misfortune to the fullest extent,I hope that other ATVers will remember your post the next time they think about not wearing their helmet?

May God Bless your entire family!

Bill

Old 07-10-2001, 12:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry for your loss, I lost a brother last year in a car accident. 2 weeks ago I went out on my ATV looking at some land for deer hunting. Since it was HOT and I thought I was not going to be riding very fast...which I didn't!! I did not wear ANY of my protective gear. Well most of you know where this is going...I was maybe doing 2mph traversing a hill, in tall grass, my tire rolled off a hidden rock ledge (12 inch drop),but that, added to the cant of the hill was enough to roll my 700 lbs ATV (yes it's a Polaris) on top of me. I managed to push it off me only to have it roll back on top of me again, pining me face down in the Dirt. Thank God I'm a big guy and was able to push it off the second time. I was cut up and brusied, my left leg is still giving me hell. Doctor said it could be another month before things return to normal. It could have been much much worst. Please people, remember to put on your gear no matter what kind of riding you plan on doing. Also it's a good idea to have a buddy along just in case, just remember to keep a eye out for each other.

Old 07-10-2001, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

Hey dude so sorry to hear that, may God bless you, your brother, and the rest of your family, so sorry about your misfortune dude, I hope you and your family make it through alright. Once again so sorry!!!! My respects go out!!!!

Peace out!!!!

Old 07-10-2001, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

325 Expadition ,
It saddens me to hear of the loss of your brother. I will keep you and your family in my prayers .

Old 07-10-2001, 12:58 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I'm very sorry to hear of your families loss. We have to remember there's a predestined reason for everything. In this case; your brother's passing may save the lives of many ATVers who read this thread.
My life was spared in 1992 while wearing a helmet on my street bike. I was busted from head to toe and suffered some short term memory loss. The docs agreed that the helmet saved my life. It constantly amazes me when I see guys wearing shorts, sneakers and no helmet while drag racing highly modified bikes up large sand dunes. They say that the safety gear weighs too much and causes them to lose races. No excuse is a good excuse! WEAR YOUR GEAR!!! Man I hate to read these kind of posts! Take care Brother and God Bless.

Quick Reply: 4 wheeler wreck takes life