Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Who needs 4wd, I didn't :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2001, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This weekend, my friend and I went camping on my land. We went through this creek that had been flooded, now dry, at one time cause a drainage pipe from the local V.A.( at the end of my land) had backed up and flooded my land. Well, they fixed it, by using a bulldozer and clearing out the creek. So now the this is muddy as heck. The tracks of the bulldozer left these HUGE ruts in the mud and they filled with water. Well, the ruts were just far enough apart that both tires fell into each one and I was sitting on the hight spot with the skid plate. So the only route through this nasty mud whole was one wheel in and one of the ruts. Well, I didn't realize the creek was this muddy cause all of a sudden the left side of the quad was submerged with water and mud. I just kept the throttle down and kept the wheels turnin. I decided to use hight gear, maybe because I wasn't using my head. Well, I hit this big rock that was hidden in the mud and I stopped dead. The guy I was ridin with helped push it. Well, I was on the side and he, being an absolute idiot, got in back and pushed. I taught him a lesson and sprayed him with a ton of mud. But anyway, I put it in reverse and then hit the rock hard and got over. That was the only time I got stuck. I do have pictures of this. In one of them you can see one headlight and the other must be under the mud cause the whole quad is almost tippin on me. I put my leg out several times to keep it up. At the end I turned around and couldn't believe the stuff I just went through. So my buddy on his TTR 225 decided he would try it thinking if I made it he could too. Yeah right. He finally got the hint he wasn't going to make it when his clutch cable gave out and he couldn't shift. He made the smart comment, I guess the old polaris is good for something. He then proceeded to fall in the mud. So when my dealer said that you don't need 4wd drive except in really deep mud, he was only partly right, I don't need it at all. I would like to have seen my buddies yamaha's and honda's try it and get stuck. I will have to pictures posted soon I hope, they are really good. Guess the mud couldn't beat the Magnum

Old 07-16-2001, 12:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yea, i would like to really see them, e-mail adress is xplor4x4@yahoo.com
thanks

Old 07-16-2001, 03:18 AM
Trailblazer

Hey could you send em to me to my email addy is skateboy_420@yahoo.com

Old 07-16-2001, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

I will try to get them on the computer as soon as I can, I only got the actual photos now, I will try to get ahold of my buddies scanner to get them on here as soon as possible, I have been working a lot. I like how they thought it was nice to give me the weekend off then work me to death.