Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Extended Warranty is Poor

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2001, 06:34 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought you guys might find this of interest. I set up an appt with my polaris dealer to get the speedo fixed under the extended warranty. I asked if they thought it would be any trouble covering it under warranty and he said no, polaris knows they have some trouble with them and even cover some without warranty. Great news. A week later, I have another problem, my starter has failed (i am not having much luck with Polaris' reliability). I called and asked if they kept any in stock and he said yes. I asked about it being covered under the warranty and he said good luck. Other than the speedo, he said his experience with Polaris and warranty work has been extremely poor. In fact, his shop has refused to sell the extended warranty b/c virtually nothing gets covered. He said they always seem to find an excuse not to cover the problem.

I was very surprised by this feedback and am considering cashing the contract in. What good is it if they are going to try to get out of covering problems. I certainly don't expect them to cover abuse or misuse, but a starter failure seems like something they would cover without question. Point is, think twice before you buy the $600 extended warranty.

Anyone else have similiar experiences? Any good experiences?

Old 09-14-2001, 09:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Tealboy,
I have the PolariStar 3 yr extended warrenty on my 00 Xplorer.It wound up being a great investment for 445 bucks.I have allready burned up about 2000 dollars in parts/labor with this policy on my Xplorer.It wears out parts faster than a baby poops her pants.

One thing you have got to understand here?The extended warrenty is only as good as the dealership mechanic wants it to be.If every time you bring in the ATV for warrenty problems and he blames you,the warrenty is of little value.

I have a GREAT dealership mechanic,he sides with me on EVERY defect.I have not been turned down for ANY extended warrenty work so far.

I would dig into this a little deeper and make sure that its not your dealer putting the screws to you?If you have the PolariStar warrenty,its a good warrenty and I'd start asking the dealership mechanic some questions?

Bill

Old 09-15-2001, 03:15 AM
Range Rover

I paid $479 for a 54 month extended warrenty. My dealer told me if I modify the exhaust, jetting, clutching, or change the tire size that the warrenty would be void. Plus if you do not have the recomended service done at the dealer the warrenty is void. (yearly checkups and reciepts for the oil changes, etc) I cancelled it a got a little under $400 refunded.

2000 Polaris 325 Trailboss
~DG alloy bumper (for a 400 scrambler)
~Diamond plate aluminum skid plates
~K&N jet kit with filter.
~RCR green spring & air box modification
~MSR Dominator Handle bars
~Polaris black shock covers
~removed the rack
~removed front & rear mud flaps

Old 09-16-2001, 03:43 PM
Range Rover

Well, based on trailboss's comments, i am in real trouble. I have not had the bike long (purchased used) and most of the maintenance has been done at home by the previous owner. Some by the dealer, not the same one I am going to use. Anyway, I also have lots of mods. The tires are vamps, wheel extenders, lift kit, clutch kit, HO kit. The dealer has not seen the bike yet, but I am now even more certain my repairs won't be covered.

Old 09-16-2001, 06:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Your dealer does not value you as a customer,if he did,he'd do everything to take care of your as one.

With all my mods on my Xplorer,my Polaris mechanic allways gets things covered under warrenty for me,and I did'nt even buy the quad there.

Bill

Old 09-20-2001, 05:38 PM
Trailblazer

I've had a few parts replaced by Polaris. I didn't buy the X-warranty, and about 3-4 weeks after mine ran out the speedo quit. I talked to the local dealer,(not the dealer I bought it from) and he said he'd check to see if polaris would cover it. They did with no problem. My bike went through 2 belts, after the second one they wanted me to bring it to check out my clutches. They were both shot, by now the bike is almost a year old. The service manager said he'd check if polaris would cover the parts to rebuild them. Polaris said they would give me both brand new clutches, I just had to pay for the labor. They called it a goodwill warranty. These are only a few of the parts Ive had replaced, but they have stood behind the machine so far. I don't think there is another ATV out there that is in the same class as a H.O., every time I ride it I'm grinning from ear to ear. Anyway, that's my experience.