Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Everyone happy with their Sportsman 700?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 04:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yet another who can not read what the topic is about. Just a reminder the topic is Everyone happy with their Sportsman 700? not Bombardier.

Old 12-14-2001, 06:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

man4922,
I have been a member in this Forum since around 1998,and it is NOT uncommon to get off a topic somewhat with 2 or more pages of posts.Cut these guys some slack,its not allways appropriate to stick to JUST the topic,as you seem to think.

Have a good day![SORRY!After all,having a good day is ''off topic''?]

Bill

Old 12-14-2001, 06:14 PM
Trailblazer

Well at least I had something to contribute concerning atv's and was not just b!tching. Do you own a Sportsman 700? Are you happy with it or you disspointed with all of the problems it has, which by the way, seems from reading the posts is about half of the people who bought one.

Old 12-14-2001, 08:29 PM
Trailblazer

MUDDY4LIFE

Every other post you write is to complain about your Polaris 4 wheelers well after hearing it a 100 times I think I get the hint you hate Polaris so get off this forum and post in Yamaha which you so much love.
Also I read from time to time the other manufactures forums and I never see Polaris guys going in there and dissing the other brands like they do in the Polaris forum personally I am sick of hearing it.
I want good information not my 4 wheeler is better than your 4 wheeler.
Also Muddy4life I have owned several Honda's and have had the same experience that you have had with Polaris does that mean every single topic in the Honda forum I should post how much my Honda's sucked. I use to be brand loyal to Honda tell I rode my first Polaris Sportsman loved the way it rode and the true 4 wheel drive.

When someone sets a topic it stays mostly to that topic in the other forums I read and I wish it would do that in the Polaris Forum.

Old 12-14-2001, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

man4922

<< Every other post you write is to complain about your Polaris 4 wheelers well after hearing it a 100 times I think I get the hint you hate Polaris so get off this forum and post in Yamaha which you so much love. >>

Well man,it seems like every post your bitching about something or someone

<< Also I read from time to time the other manufactures forums and I never see Polaris guys going in there and dissing the other brands like they do in the Polaris forum personally I am sick of hearing it. >>

I've seen some polaris a$$wipes starting $hit,
But not near as much as we get here
It's rough being #1

<< When someone sets a topic it stays mostly to that topic in the other forums I read and I wish it would do that in the Polaris Forum. >>

$hit happens
Deal with it

Old 12-14-2001, 09:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

man4922,
your Forum inexperience is very evident in your cocky responses to the users.When you get some Forum membership time/posts under your belt,you to will come to realize that its perfectly OK for an OWNER to talk the truth about his/her ATVs,whether its on or off topic.You mention in your above post that you wanted to hear good information in these posts.It appears to me that good information is only the things that YOU WANT to hear and the hell with the rest of it?

Your problem,as I see it,is you cant bare to see anyone post in a negative manner about a POLARIS product?You have the hint I hate Polaris?No Sir,but I sure dont care for the REPEATED PROBLEMS from the two that ''I'' owned.You ask me to go to the Yam section and post about them,since I love them so much?I dont own a Yam Grizz 660 YET.Im only able to tell riders what I know about it from the afternoon ride I had on a friends.My SHORT riding experience on the new Yam would not make for as good of an evaluation as my MANY yrs on MY two Polaris ATVs would.

I could see you calling me a basher if I owned another brand and came in here ''bashing'' Polaris and praising my model,but thats just not the case here.I speak only of MY experiences with MY two Polaris.There JUNK!I am very pleased that you and others are having good fortune with your Polaris ATVs,but dont slam me for speaking my mind on my two POS.It dont matter to me what brand ATV I own,you'll get a TRUTHFUL evaluation from ME!

When I had my FIRST Polaris 500cc Sportsman,it started out being the best thing since the invention of the thong.And I let EVERYONE know about it.When things started falling apart,they knew about that to.

So in closing,if giving your honest opinion on YOUR purchase is a crime,than LOCK ME UP!

Happy Trailing,
MUDDY

Old 12-14-2001, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer

PEASE IF YOUR ARE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING A NEW ATV, I BEG YOU TO READ DIRT WHEELS MAGAZINE THEY HAVE A SHOOTOUT OF ALL THE BIG BORE QUADS AND AS ANOTHER GENTLEMAN STATED THAY ALL HAVE THEIR STRENGTHS AND THEY ALL HAVE WEAKNESSES SO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DECIDE IS &quot;WHERE DO I RIDE AND HOW DO I RIDE?&quot; LAST BUT NOT LEAST YOU NEED TO DECIDE &quot;AM I GOING TO JUST RIDE OR AM I GOING TO USE THIS QUAD FOR HUNTING OR PLOWING?&quot;
IF YOU ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS TO YURSELF IT WILL GREATLY CUT YOUR CHOICES. I HOPE THIS IS OF HELP TO YOU ANY OF THE BIG QUADS ARE TERRIFIC MACHINES I HAVE RIDDEN ALL EXCEPT THE 700 AND I WILL RIDE IT TOMMORROW AS MY BROTHER-IN-LAW WILL PICK HIS UP IN THE MORNING.

P.S. SORRY TO JUMPING SHIP FROM THE KAWI SITE JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT WAS BEING SAID ABOUT THE 700 FOR MY BROTHER-IN-LAW

Old 12-15-2001, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

I do not own a SP700, but I will own one soon. There are a few things I saw here that were worth a minute or two of my time...

Muddy4Life,
I have read your posts for some time and I understand where you are coming from. If I or any of these guys that ride Polaris without issue were to walk in your shoes, maybe we would all feel the same. The one thing I wanted to comment about was your comment about leaking hubs. I am sure you know, but if not... the 700 no longer has sealed hubs. In my opinion, the downfall of the 700 is just the same as the 500s... they have poorly designed water pump seals.

As far as the 650 VS 700 comparison, I have yet to ride the 700 myself. However, I would take a 500HO over the 650 just for the ride quality.

As far as the rear brakes on the 650 being so great, I was not impressed. They are very mushy to say the least. Z-Team let the owners of FWP demo one for 2 weeks. They had to adjust the brakes 3 times and the brakes were out when they returned it to the dealer. I have yet to find one person satisfied with the rear brakes on a 650.

Someone commented on the 650 smoking the 700 on the trail. Both bike have their strong points. On extremely rough terrain, the 500HO will school a 650. The exact opposite will happen if you are on smooth curve trails. The 500HOs nose dive in hard turns if you are not careful. If you do mud ride, the SP500 will eat the 650 for lunch. For that matter, a SP400 will do the same. If you want a sporty bike regardless of ride quality, the 650 may be the way to go.

If you are considering a Polaris, do not base your decision on a few comments made here. there are plenty of people with 1000's of miles on their Polaris's with no problems. I would wait til march or April if it were me, and no matter what I would buy a 5 year warranty on just about any bike out there. I am not even confident in the Hondas anymore.

Just my opinion... any of you 650 owners want to prove me wrong in the mountains of AR, I welcome the chance to ride with you. I will start you on the begginner trails. lol

Old 12-15-2001, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

We all know that all Brands have their pro's &amp; con's. My brother in law loves his SP700, but he is brand loyal as well.

I have to commend everyone here though...reading through this thread gave me the best laugh I've had in a long time. The Yamaha forum should be this fun. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

SilverBear

Old 12-15-2001, 02:17 AM
Range Rover

If Yamaha made a decent quad, maybe you would have more fun than hanging with the polaris riders........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Everyone happy with their Sportsman 700?