Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Everyone happy with their Sportsman 700?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 02:26 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey hatinmy650, lets talk to your babysitter and get you chilled out. Tell me honestly have you ever done a 1000 mile trip just on a atv and have NO problems............I did this in 5 and a half days all done on the paiute trail......no support vehicles just our quads and supplies...........if you havent then you dont know what your talking about............till then shut your mouth..................

Old 12-15-2001, 04:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

Greg,
I am aware that the new 700 has no oil in the hubs.I like that,but seeing that I've owned 2 troubled Polaris ATVs and the fact that I have no desire to own a 740lb quad,I'll shy away from Polaris on my NEXT purchase.I may return back to them in a few yrs and see whats new?Every ATV manufacture will have a problem or two.I have had more than my share with Polaris.

Thank You,
Bill

Old 12-15-2001, 09:33 AM
Trailblazer

Hey VEGAS dude, how old are you. I,m guessing that you must be 15 or 16, did your mommy and daddy buy you your little 4 wheeler. A sfar as long trips we make monthly trips to Mount Katahdin from our home town. This is a tree day trip that is about 500 miles round trip. So Your one 1000 mile trip pales to the one we make once a month. In this group we have atvs from every maker and the only one that slows us down are the polaris machines, so deflate that chest and your head buddy, you aren't the only person who uses there wheeler. So if your trying to swallow that bitter pill you got when you bought your overwieght parts busting piece of $hit then do it and get it over with. Take this little bit of advice and I know you have heard it before, If you don't have anything intelligent to say then don't say anything at all. In other words speak only when spoken to little boy!Text

Old 12-15-2001, 09:47 AM
Trailblazer

GREGSIMS

Di someone say breaks? You just found one 650 owner that loves the sealed rear breaking system on my machine. It is flawless and stops my machine an a dime. It surely better then the crap breaks I had on my sp500. Single lever all wheel breaks suck.

As far as 650vs.700. I've had my shootout with my buddies 700 and I think that you shouldn't have eaten so much lead paint as a child. I wax my buddies butt everywhere we go. And he's not a novice rider either. He is so disappointed in his machine that he is giving it up for a rice burner, a 650 to be exact.

As far as a 500 smoking the 650 at all is a load of crap. I use to have one and I can say that my 650 has gotten me through more places then the sp500 would. I've been side by side with 500 in the mudd and it takes power and good tire to make it through, not a brand name.

And back to the breaks. I'd love to compare repair bills and replacement parts that you would put into your breaks over the next two year versus the amount I will need to, that would clam you up.

Till next time , keep those polaris dealers repair shops in business and remember to ride hard and fix alot, VIVA POLARIS!!!!!

Old 12-15-2001, 10:52 AM
Range Rover

hatinmy650,...........Cant your read, I said a 1000 mile trip not a measly 500-mile once a month ride. Besides I wanted to talk to your babysitter, your getting to bed way too late and it is starting to affect your brain..............If you like your 650 so much and we know misery loves company, why don't you go to the kawasuki section and live your delusion..............I really like the suspension on the 650, if you were going to ride in your front yard with the sprinklers on but we ride in rough terrain where you need a good suspension package........Do you know why we carry winchs on our Polaris's? To pull you sorry asses out if you dare to venture into a mud hole or two. Hey if you want a 700 and had to step down to a 650 try the after Christmas sale at your nearest Polaris dealer. Now as far as your 650 is concerned. Take a 5 dollar bill and tape it to the seat then drive out into the nearest desert you can find and leave it there, so when someone finds it they will have something......well take care and have a grand day.........haha. Oh by the way, what is a "tree day Trip"? Hey I paid cash for my quad.............can you say that..........haha...............I had mom's permission though.......sniffle........... hatinmy650, its "Brakes" not breaks.......even though im sure with the rough ride you get when you leave your front yard you take a lot of "Breaks"..........The polaris is the only quad that slows you down, dont you know how stupid you sound saying that............your are a funny guy, hatinmy650..........your so good as a rider, i feel humbled in your presence........can you come to vegas and teach me how to ride........I would be grateful............But I guess I would only slow you down though.........since the only thing that determines how fast you go is the brand of quad you have............riders have nothing to do with it..........I was going to take lessons too......................hey, I got an idea!! If I buy a Kawasuki 650 I would be a better rider and not slow down my buddies anymore........hatinmy650, you are truly a life saver...........wow.........now I know what to do...........now if my mom will only let me buy a fast quad............!!

Old 12-15-2001, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

luvinmy650,
For your information, I love the taste of lead paint.

As far as the 650 brakes, I have only talked to 5 people about theirs. All agree that the front brakes are awesome, but the back are very mushy... I am happy you are pleased with yours. You are correct that in the next year, I will spend more one brake pads than you.

I was nice enough to give the 650 credit where it was due, and you tell me that i am giving you a load of crap. Fortunately for you, you live far enough away from me that I cannot make you eat those words on the trail. My guess is that you would be hauling that 650 home in peices. Over confidence will get you and your quad hurt where I ride.

As fars as mudding goes, you obviously are not an experienced mudder. Ground Clearance is almost always the deciding factor. The HO has plenty of low end torque and much more ground clearance. The 650 is not even in the same class when you start talking about mud.

I am going to chew on more lead paint.

Greg

Old 12-15-2001, 11:15 AM
Range Rover

Now Greg, it's not true, hatinmy650 is an experienced mudder........he got stuck in his front yard after leaving the sprinklers on too long...........probably was taking a "BREAK" while his rear "BRAKES" cooled down from the ride out of his garage..............on his "TREE" day trip...........

Old 12-15-2001, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know if I should even post here, but everyone else seems to be having so much fun I don't want to be left out LOL.
The 650 is a great quad, heard lots of good things about them, but the ride isn't what is is on a Sportsman.
The 650 will NOT outmud a Sportsman except in certain conditions, where the mud is shallow, and you are racing through it. There what matters is power-to weight, and wheel speed. If you challenge a Sportsman to who can go farther before you can't move any more, you will be on the losing end of things.
The 650 has MANY things going for it. I like the ability to lock the front end when YOU want it locked, and loose otherwise. I like the lower center of gravity, and stable ride. I have mixed feelings about moving the gas tank, though. I like the location, but it needs to be bigger.
The Grizz would be an amazing quad if they would only get rid of that stupid rev limiter for when you are in 4X4 mode.
The Rincon looks intriguing, but I am going to hold back judgement. Remember when the Rubicon came out? Before anyone even drove one, it was a 'muscle' quad. One that would eat alive anything out there, and ride smooth as silk. Remember that? Well, I have yet to have my Xplorer passed by a Rubicon in ANY conditions, plus they still ride like a brick. Granted it is more like a brick with a cushion on it now rather than a bare brick, but it still rides like a brick.

One last piece of advice. NEVER, EVER brag about how trouble-free your bike is GOING to be, as you might be eating crow. I know a guy who would only drive a Honda, as every one that was ever made was 100% reliable for 10 years or 10,000 miles, according to him. To make a long story short, he dumped more money into his electric shift within 2 months of warranty expiring as I have on my Xplorer in 5200 miles, even when I include the cost of the new piston I just put in. (By the way it didn't really NEED done yet, but once spring calving starts, I am NOT wanting to be messing with it, I want it to run. I put 2500 miles a year on the thing, and wasn't sure I wanted to go to 7500+ miles before I did that.)

AHHHHHHHHHHH! I feel better now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Farmr

Old 12-15-2001, 11:24 AM
Range Rover

Farmr123, come on in and have fun..............when your have such a qualified idiot like hatinmy650 to take pot shots at, it it even more fun. It's not fair really...........I can't wait for this guy to post again as he provides us insight to his intelligence level. Well, Mom says it's time for breakfast..............hahahaha..................l ater.............Hey Gregsims.......it's the way I say it, huh...............lol................

Old 12-15-2001, 01:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have to agree with Mr. Silverbear, this is great for laughs! Don't beat me up, I get on a machine, and whatever fits my short frame and feels comfy is the one I buy, brand means nothing.

Keep this going guys, I have to go Christmas shopping today, and I am sure I will need some good relaxing fighting to settle me down after dealing withe tons of peaple in the city. So leave some juicy posts for this evenings reading.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Everyone happy with their Sportsman 700?