Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris' being used in Afghanistan

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MUDDY4LIFE,I have to ask you this,just how bad do you hate POLARIS atv's.I was curious if maybe you had considered joining A support group that taylors to people who hate POLARIS in general.I have read many of your replys and find myself thinking you just might go POSTAL and go to the POLARIS factory and start taking hostages and killing employees.Have you ever thought that it could be a conspiracy by POLARIS against you,that they built a atv with your name on it and you were forced into buying it just so you would have nothing but trouble with it and hate every other POLARIS ever made.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 12-29-2001, 04:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

samclow,
Its very appearant by your response that you have very little Forum experience when it comes to Polaris.Anyone thats been around for awhile will tell you that Polaris leads the ATV industry in ATV related reliability issues,no ands/ifs/or buts about it.

And while many Polaris riders dont have many problems,there are indeed those of us who do.I happen to be one of them.

I dont HATE Polaris ATVs,in fact,I think they have some of the nicest features around for ATVs.I do,however,question the amount of time it takes to wear out alot of their manufactured parts,like tie rod ends,steering stems,a-arm bushings,primary clutches,swingarm bushings,front hub seals/sleeves,and braking components,just to mention a FEW items!

What happens if/when your new HO starts doing the Polaris parts thing?Than you can come in here and call me again?Remember,I was the first to tell you![you can thank me later]

Bill

Old 12-29-2001, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer

MUDDY4LIFE,You could be right about not having a lot of forum experience; however, I would consider myself having a great deal of Polaris experience. I have owned three since 1993 and have had no trouble with them except things that I caused due to abuse. Also, I purchased the extended warranty on all three units just to "CYA" any unforeseen problems that may have arisen. I realize that every manufacturer has problems with their machines, but I also realize that every manufacturer has copied Polaris innovations over the past 10 years simply because they have led the ATV industry and most of the manufacturers have copied many of their ideas. So in closing let me say that I too had a choice on what kind of ATV to purchase, and after my previous experience with two Kawasakis and one Suzuki, I still would buy a Polaris ATV over all other manufacturers.

P.S. "CYA" means cover your ATV.

Charles

Old 12-30-2001, 08:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

samclow,
after owning three very good Polaris ATVs with little to no problems,you have every right to be a proud owner and want to buy from them again.I also agree with you about the other manufactures copying Polaris inovative features.The extra features that Polaris offers is the one thing that made me buy my first Polaris back in late 1998.This cant be said anymore,most all the manufactures have FINALLY caught up with this feature thing.

Best of Health and Happiness in the upcoming yr,
Bill