Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

TV Mud Tire Test - Jan 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< I have been watching ATV Television for about a year and frankly, the show is not all that great. The majority of the show is spent listening to the host, Doug Meyer, talk about his opinions of the machines and his personal preferences. Doug is truely a big Honda fan, but will kiss up to whoever's new machine intro his is at. Occasionally, there is a good show, but they are few and far between. One positve note, if you miss a show, it will air three times during that same week and will surely be repeated several more times during the year. >>

LOL...I guess we think alike (read my post above). I was excited when we started getting that channel (had to buy the upgrade package to get the darn thing), and I was all ready to watch an &quot;awesome show&quot;. Hah!!!! Yeah Right!!!! I was really dissapointed. They could make the show so much better if they just tried a little bit harder (without spending any more money). That guy just goes on and on about crap that nobody cares about and then they cut to a 10 second scene of an ATV being driven. Maybe if he was a good looking woman this would be okay, but short guys with beards just don't do it for me (LOL). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

To be honest though...I think that I enjoy watching the comercials more than I like watching the show. You rarely get to see them on any other network.

If I'm sitting home with nothing to do then I might tune in and see what is going on, but if I have anything else going on (example: watching the mud dry on my fenders) then I think I'll pass.

-Josh

Old 01-03-2002, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

ARMudder,

I was doing a photo shoot for Maxxis with the 28x8x12's on the front and the 28x10x12's on the rear and I was jumping off a 3' bank into 3' of mud trying to get a good photo for an ad. Unfortunately, it didn't show the tires good enough and they ended up using a picture going through about 6&quot; of mud for the ad. Getting back to your question, I never got stuck and I had mud up over the rear fenders and going in the snorkle up front -but it was close! This doesn't really worry me too much since we have bored and stroked the motor to a 721 with SuperTrapp's IDS-X so we have no problem with the power to turn the 28's over.

Muddyxplor4x4,

I have 6 27x12x12's and 6 27x10x12's fronts which measure exactly 10&quot; across unmounted. The special rims I have made up with beadlocks from OMF Performance have been narrowed up from Douglas standard wheels 1&quot; to get me back to stock width and about 1/4&quot; narrower. I run the same size tires front and rear when we run the All Trax and Sure Trax which you will see on my blue Grizzly in next month's 4-Wheel ATV Action. I am selling the tires for $50 each plus shipping. They all look like new but some have dirt stains on them. If I cleaned them up better they would look like new. I also have 2 sets of 28x12x12 Mudzilla's left for the same price.

Old 01-04-2002, 11:36 AM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

Piranha

I too would like a copy of both episodes testing all 10 tires. I would gladly cover the cost of postage and the tape. I can be contacted at jweide@coair.com

Old 01-04-2002, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

Mickey and Weedy,

Unfortunatly I missed the episode so I wasn't able to tape it. If anybody knows when it is coming on again I will gladly do it for you guys. I'm really sorry about that.

Does anybody know when it is coming on again?

-Josh

Old 01-04-2002, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

The new show times for ATV Television are:

Monday 4:00 pm EST
Wednesday 9:00 pm EST
Thursday 9:30 am EST

Since the first show aired this week, its too late to get the first episode taped. The next episode will air on Monday. If you go out to the outdoor channel website (see link in my previous post) and follow the links to the show, it list an email address for the host. You could email him and the show may be available on tape or they may know when it will be rerun.