Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

700 wins ATV of the YEar

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love watching vegas dud and that other mushroom struggle to make a point, ANY POINT. Polaris Junkyard manager, at 160 lb.s I'd recommend you get something in pink with training wheels and maybe a parental tether that your little girl can hold while you ride around the yard. Maybe you and vegaman can ride sidesaddle and kiss each other's butt to boost your monstrous egos. As for me, I'm tired of pulling your big bad quads back to the truck. I wish you'd buy something with a little more longevity so I could enjoy my ride.
Back to the point of innovation. Cannondale wins...hands down. I know that it ain't pretty and I don't forsee buying one, but give credit where credit is due. Cannondale has brought more to the atv table in one machine than Polaris has in its entire history. Fuel injection, reverse-mounted motor, cassette tranny(no more splitting cases), twin spar aluminum frame that also acts as the oil resevoir. OH MY GOD, where have these people been? Japan had better be runnin' scared. These contributions alone far outweight the two oddities that Polaris happened up on YEARS AGO: i.r.s.(which you can have), and belt drive. Whooppee for the rollin' snowmobile, a Sportsman 500 with a bigger motor! That's been done to death, everybody and their brother has put bigger motors in already existing frames. Whoop-de-doo.
Hey look, dilroy. I'm chewing gum too.

Old 02-06-2002, 12:53 AM
Range Rover

Slinger you seem to know alot about the color pink and the fact that they go well with training wheels.........................speaking from experience eh.........? Canonndale did not get ATV of the year so quit your whining.............the 700 got ATV of the year...........Nor do I need to struggle to make a point. You are obviously struggling to understand...........that's not my fault...........thanks though for your post so I can respond to your backwoods posting............it's fun to show people how stupid you really are..............oopsssssssssss did I say that.............well let's not say stupid, lets say...........uninformed.............oh that might not do.........that may be a new word for you..................damn it's tough trying to think like a 3rd grader...........trxster can you help out please.........?

Old 02-06-2002, 01:01 AM
Range Rover

Remember Slinger, I tried to be nice.........but........you made it personal...........now you will suffer humiliation..................your post is just more ammo for me..........I am sure this post will never die now as everyone will want to see my next response to your feeble attempt at humor...........hahaahaha

Old 02-06-2002, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer

Somewhere in this thread between &quot;my quad is better than yours&quot; and &quot;my dad can woop your dad&quot; I noticed that <u>MTpockets</u> was asking about the new 700 colors. My dealer said he ordered 2 hunter green and 2 yellow. Thats all I've heard about...MY PICS

Old 02-06-2002, 01:08 AM
Range Rover

Slowly, as Slinger is reading my response to his post, his face is turning red then as his brain finally realizes that it was a put down to his 3rd grade post, he actually starts to get mad.......then seeing that I am predicting his reaction, he shuts his computer off for an hour or two until he decides if he wants to respond to my response to his post knowing all along that whatever he says now is going to be fuel for his undoing............so how will slinger handle this situation..........please stay tuned for &quot; The response from Slinger&quot; or will he grab his guitar and sing &quot;Down on the Bayou&quot; or &quot;Pretty in Pink&quot;

Old 02-06-2002, 01:13 AM
Range Rover

Now Slinger, dont take it personal.............I'm just having fun with ya....................!!!

Old 02-06-2002, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

I'm impressed with how long this post is lasting. I guess I can understand why the 700 won over the C-dale but I would still think that the Prairie should have won over the 700. The 700 isn't leading technology. I don't know much about the utility quads so correct me if I'm mistaken. The 650 was the first to use a Twin in a big bore utility, they have relocated the gas tank for a lower center of gravity, more power?, I have HEARD better things about it than I have any of the others. Like I said, If I'm mistaken, please correct me. I wouldn't wanna mislead anyone, but the 700 was released because of the Kawi 650, I would love to know how THAT gives the Polaris the title of &quot;leading technology&quot;. Thats like saying that the Raptor is &quot;leading technology&quot; and we all know that it was only built to compete against the 400ex and be faster than the DS 650. If something is built to beat something else, than in my opinion, there is nothing &quot;leading&quot; about that.

Old 02-06-2002, 02:07 AM
Range Rover

Well, Yodaddy, I dont know if this answers your question, but the raptor just won top honors in ATV Action magazine..........it was the best OVERALL sports quad...................It was designed to do that..........................I think that speaks for itself........as far as the 700 goes everyone knew that polaris was coming with the 700......heck I knew it and no one even told me.........I had purchased a plain 2000 500, then the HO came out. My riding buds went out and got the new HO...........I told them that when polaris came out with the 700 then I would update...........I waited 1.5 years but it came..............innovation does not always mean high tech..........it means putting a lot of good ideas together and coming out with a great product. It's like the Suzuki Hayabusa...........when it first came out, it was not bragging about being the fastest production motorcyle in the world.........it just turned out that way..............putting the right sized engine and the right aero dynamic packages together designed around a rider on the bike and look what they have achieved.........now the zx12 kawasaki was built to beat the Honda BlackBird and it did, hands down. It was not prepared for the Busa..........it delayed production for a year and it still could not beat it. The ZX12 is more High tech than the busa, and it came close but the Hayabusa is still king................thus innovation.......................

Old 02-06-2002, 08:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Scaryfast,
thanks for the confirmation on the new colors! i had a 6X6 in dark (hunter) green and i always wondered why it wasn't avail on the SP's. it's a great color i can't wait to see it on a SP700!
BTW- i see your a chevy man from your pics! 3 mo's ago i p/u a '02 Chevy 2500HD with a Duramax diesel and Allison tranny, looks just like yours. i love it! when i tow with that sucker i don't know anything's back there. it's unreal!
i was going to PM you....but what the hell....let's keep this incredible thread going! LOL
have a great day!
MT

Old 02-06-2002, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider

come on guys!!! dont slow down, keep it going!!! i havent had this much fun reading posts since the hole KNOWSITALL must go debunkle!!! all i really have to say is i cant beleave huffy didn't win the atv of the year. all it really needs is a moter, brakes,tires,lights, a drivetrain, a belt drive, hoses, a radiator, and alot of other little things. i vote the huffy as atv of the year!!! lmao!!! the sportsman won. this i know couse i read the mag. if it didn,t win, then the prarie or the grizzly would have. witch one is better, just ask the owners, they will tell ya, now wont they! as long as there all on the trails, then we ALL win! the only real loosers are the chumps pushing theres back to the truck couse a tree attached them, and they ALL have enough power to do that. i love that little quad of mine, and i could give a rats ars who won, but the posts are worth the hole thing, heehee.

my pictures

Quick Reply: 700 wins ATV of the YEar