Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ROTFL! Yea, you read me like a book!

Old 01-24-2002, 12:32 AM
Range Rover

Ok, my advice to you............listen to "The savage nation" with Michael savage. He is on from 4pm till 7 pm weekdays on a am station near you. Listen for a week. You will no longer be a democrat and then you will start having fun................haha

Old 01-24-2002, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

As a matter of fact, Mike started his career here in the Bay Area before he was syndicated nationally. I've listened to him since he got started (I think it was '98?). So, one again, nice try.

I like the way you changed subject, though. Maybe, when you have a few thousand more hours of talk radio time logged in, you'll be able to present a thesis and see it through without resorting to adhominem attacks. By the way, if you want to listen to the real deal, try Rush or Sean Hannity.

Now, back to YOUR origial thought (and I use the term loosely): besides having the equivalent of training wheels (single lever braking), and an amazingly high tech motor (push rods?), and the handling manners of a battleship, what is it that makes the SP700 so amazing that it deserves any kind of laurels whatsoever? Especially when you compare it to the Kawi650 or any of the C-dales?

IF Polaris ever makes a quad that can get out of it's own way and/or has controls that aren't designed for a one handed special ed student, I'll be the first to stand on the roof of my toy hauler and clap untill my hands bleed. Until then, gee wiz gadgets like automatic lawn sprinklers and electric pencil sharpeners will hold more allure than any of the fine machines coming out of Minnesota.

Old 01-24-2002, 01:56 AM
Range Rover

Well, the Kawi 650 has no ground clearance, no independent suspension and no use in a rough terrain environment. Motorcycles, (Honda) have what's called linked braking which with one pull of one lever engages both front and rear brakes, much like the Polaris........hmmmmmmmm looks like you didn't think about that too much or are you just narrow minded..........no one said the Polaris motor was high tech.......but needs no valve adjustments for less maintenance. It makes alot of power, it can put out 90 horsepower if it wasn't detuned.........the engine is very smooth and makes good torque, geese I guess that's not good for quads. Oh and speaking of getting out of it's way the 700 can do that very well........another statement without any supporting knowledge, an emotional response if I ever heard one. Also, manners of a battleship..........?? You have never driven one either, it handles very well for a utility quad but you wouldn't know the difference since you do not own any utility quads............I also have a Banshee that's built to eat your 650 for lunch so I can speak with authority on the matter. Rush Limbaugh is an idiot so it doesn't surprise me that you listen to this fool..........Oh and did I mention that it made Quad of the year............so don't obfuscate this thread with your diatribe. Remember, you attacked first and gave me the ammo to fire back. I tried to be nice and I expected you to respond accordingly, but........................

Old 01-24-2002, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

Enough with the big words already! Good gawd, I'm only in high school here. I disagree with the fact that the Polaris got ATV of the year. I don't want to say that C-dale deserves it because yall would think I'm just saying that because I own one, but think about it. Things that Cannondale has done for the ATV industry... Aluminum frame, fuel injection, stock parts that are actually good (Oh my God, that took a lot of thought!*being sarcastic) Not to mention, using after market parts on the quad makes it cheaper for everyone if they need it replaced. You could almost buy Hy-Per Tech carbon fiber wheels with the money it costs to buy stock Honda wheels. All the mags complain about there being no factory support for quad riders, and when C-dale steps in, the mags all seem to dislike them. A lot of people seem to dislike them, I guess because they threaten the quads that they are so proud of. It's like they're scared of them. Nothing against Raptor owners, but it seems like a lot of you try to use price as an excuse when the Cannibal costs $400 more. In my opinion, the better shocks, wheels, tires, fuel injection,FMF pipe, and aluminum frame is worth the extra $400. If you disagree, please tell me why. I'm kinda confused about why a lot of you have something against the Dale.

Old 01-24-2002, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Vegasdude,take it easy on the Prairie 650.There is no need of bashing the 650 just because some people like it better.

Old 01-24-2002, 07:43 PM
Range Rover

well trxter was giving a negative comparison and used the kawi 650, so I figured he was fair game...............sorry about the big words but trxter has to know that I can play at his level.........and even more so...............haha

Old 01-24-2002, 09:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey everybody! At the request of one of my friends, and one of the editors here, I wanted to check out the response to the Sportsman 700 getting ATV of the Year at ATV Magazine! Please, do me a favor, tell me which ATV you think is the best and why. Don't tell me "it rocks", or "its the best", but give me features that set it apart from the competition; such as engine tecnology, braking performace, comfort, ability to work or sport ride. If there are some big dings, mention that too! Or maybe even the fact that an ATV should be really great but.....

If I'm not asking for too personal of info, could you include your age and state at the end?

I really appreciate you guys taking the time for this.

Thanks,

Doug Meyer
ATV Television
4x4TV

Old 01-24-2002, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

I think ATV of the year should have gone to the Cannondale lineup. It's not even hard to explain why. They are doing what every ATV rider has been beagin for for years. They are making some wickedly strong motors for the size (430cc's hangin with Raptors 660cc's). They are making a race ready quad out of the box (Moto440). And are giving excellent customer service. Yes the prices may be high, but compared to a race ready 400ex or raptor......THEY ARE A BARGAIN!!!!!

As for the Polaris 700 getting ATV of the year......what a joke. They weight dang near 800 pounds. Taking one on the trails has been likened to riding a pig (I have not personally experiance one but many friends have and all have oppted for the Grizzly or Prarie). IRS is not good for powersliding around the trails and are extreamly tippy on offcamber situation. The Prarie 650 will produce way more power when mod'ed......maybe not power but definatly more toruque. The prarie will chew up the Polaris and spit it out in ANY race and be on par in ANY utility type situation.

These are my opinions. I base my opinions of facts that i have read, heard, or experianced. If you don't like my opinions........I DON'T CARE!!!! My opinions are the only ones that matter to me, and your's are all that matter to you.

Have a nice day

cartman308

Old 01-24-2002, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

If you look at all the past winners, you will see that none of them are sport quads. That is because sport quads, especially high performance ones (like the C-Dale) are not big sellers. The market for the high performace quads are a very small percentage compared to the utility market. The C-Dale is a very good ATV, but when you only have one dealer in a whole state, it's hard for people to see them. And since most people who buy atv's is for recreation, you will most likely not see a high performance atv win ATV of the Year.
Past Winners

1997: Kawasaki Prairie 400 4x4

1998: Honda Foreman ES

1999: Bombardier Traxter

2000: Yamaha Kodiak

2001: Honda Rubicon

Quick Reply: 700 wins ATV of the YEar