Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why buy American

Originally posted by: 05PRED500
Originally posted by: BryceGTX
Originally posted by: propnut
Don't forget these figures;

The AP reported that General Motors Corp. chairman and chief executive Rick Wagoner received $12.8 million in compensation last year, including stock options, as the company reinstated cash bonuses for all its top executives.
This opens up another can of worms...

Not only should management be penalized, many should be fired. If I ran those kinds of loses, I would be bankrupt.
Boy if you cannot win in the most fundamental argument of sending dollars over seas; you just change the subject. Poor argument. Now add to the long list of questions to you that remain unanswered. What do the Japanese CEOs make?

I guess I really rub you the wrong way. Re-read the post. I DID NOT START THE ARGUMENT. I said it opened opened up a new can of worms. I could care less what a Japanese CEO makes. I suppose of their Board of Directors have any sense, they wouldn't pay 12.8 million for a guy to lose enough money to fund a third world nation.

No matter what I say, you will not think that I have a valid argument. Your tunnel vision will not allow you to open up to other ideas.

I will try one more time. You are not going to stop the inflow of inport products. You will not even be able to curb it. The other way to keep American jobs is to go after the global market. Your emotional attachment to this subject does not allow you to critically think about the situation in any other way except to blame people for buying a product not made in America by and American company
LOL, you are repeating to me what I have said to you. It is always better to export than import. It is not my intention to stop the flow of imports. It is clear that it is better to buy from US firms. It is better to reduce the dollars going off shore. It seems that your tunnel vision about buying imports does not allow you to open up to common sense. And if you cannot answer the question about Japanese CEOs and what they make, then you should of never brought up the subject of what the GM CEOs make. Wages as you have said are only relative. So give us the relation!!!

Old 06-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

I certainly am not saying that we should buy import products because of this or that reason. I am saying that we are the greatest country in the world and I get tired of people whining because we can't compete. It is time that our people stand up and fight for our position in the global marketplace.
LOL, according to you, we should stand up and fight by buying Toyotas. What the heck kind of moronic argument is that. It seems to me that GM already has a huge presence in the global market. And it is doubtful they will give it up easily.

Once again I will remind us all that it is always better to buy US to reduce the number of dollars going over seas.
You haven't read anything I wrote.

Old 06-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

LOL, you are repeating to me what I have said to you. It is always better to export than import. It is not my intention to stop the flow of imports. It is clear that it is better to buy from US firms. It is better to reduce the dollars going off shore. It seems that your tunnel vision about buying imports does not allow you to open up to common sense. And if you cannot answer the question about Japanese CEOs and what they make, then you should of never brought up the subject of what the GM CEOs make. Wages as you have said are only relative. So give us the relation!!![/quote]

Are you dense?? I did not post what he makes...I commented on it. Obviously you have no problem with your top guy making that much money while laying off 25k people. I do.

Old 06-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

Quite frankly, there is a good argument already. Most people (except you) have already figured out that GM makes better cars than anyone else in the world. The people of the world have voted in that GM is the biggest automobile manufacturer. But hey, you can put your head in the sand and believe otherwise. Its clear in your posts that you do.
HILARIOUS!! If this is the case, WHY are they losing on average over $2000 per car??? Oh...thats right...it's the imports. They should be out selling everyone in every catagory. But, that simply isn't the case. They are without question the biggest. Let's see...how many nameplates and models do they own? Where on JD Powers quality list are they? Wow! Talk about head in the sand...
I think it is well known that GM pays $2000 dollars per auto for benefits. It is your opinion that these workers should get benefits as poor as what you pay your own employees. Even you should know that in a free market, the product that sells the most has been voted as being the best based on the fact that it is what the consumer is buying. I guess you forgot that eh?

Old 06-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

LOL, you are repeating to me what I have said to you. It is always better to export than import. It is not my intention to stop the flow of imports. It is clear that it is better to buy from US firms. It is better to reduce the dollars going off shore. It seems that your tunnel vision about buying imports does not allow you to open up to common sense. And if you cannot answer the question about Japanese CEOs and what they make, then you should of never brought up the subject of what the GM CEOs make. Wages as you have said are only relative. So give us the relation!!!
Are you dense?? I did not post what he makes...I commented on it. Obviously you have no problem with your top guy making that much money while laying off 25k people. I do.[/quote]

LOL, it is heating up.... you no longer argue with any logic... take a deep breath and count to ten... then post again. BTW, he is not my top guy. I do not work for GM.

Old 06-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

I certainly am not saying that we should buy import products because of this or that reason. I am saying that we are the greatest country in the world and I get tired of people whining because we can't compete. It is time that our people stand up and fight for our position in the global marketplace.
LOL, according to you, we should stand up and fight by buying Toyotas. What the heck kind of moronic argument is that. It seems to me that GM already has a huge presence in the global market. And it is doubtful they will give it up easily.

Once again I will remind us all that it is always better to buy US to reduce the number of dollars going over seas.
You haven't read anything I wrote.
I am reading everyting you post. And I don't agree with much!

Old 06-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

I certainly can't stay with you guys on the facts and figures you're presenting I don't follow that closely.
What I can do is give a middle class opinion. I buy within my means. My debt is my mortgage only. 50,000 on a 200,000 house I built 12 years ago. If someone offers me free financing I take it, my money earns interest during that time. When free is done I pay it off. Maybe you think I'm off target I don't think so. Iam the American economy, what I do directly affects everyone. I buy without bias, choices are made by the deal or value presented, not want. I have owned just about everything because of this you won't ever hear me degrading another product, simply if you make a bad purchase learn from it and move on. Educated buyers hopefully will make dare I say it "The cream rise to the top". We cannot try to control things by whining or pushing our views on people.We need to live our lives within our own values, and principles. Then by the will of the people the wants and needs will become apparent. Ebb and flow, leaders and followers, make your decisions and don't worry about the other guy, if he makes a bad decision oh well.
Take care of yourself and let the chips fall, "the cream will rise to the top". You can follow me if you want to, or whine and sniffle. I lead by example, nothing to hide here. Just the opinion of this working man.

Old 06-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

Originally posted by: drlang
I certainly can't stay with you guys on the facts and figures you're presenting I don't follow that closely.
What I can do is give a middle class opinion. I buy within my means. My debt is my mortgage only. 50,000 on a 200,000 house I built 12 years ago. If someone offers me free financing I take it, my money earns interest during that time. When free is done I pay it off. Maybe you think I'm off target I don't think so. Iam the American economy, what I do directly affects everyone. I buy without bias, choices are made by the deal or value presented, not want. I have owned just about everything because of this you won't ever hear me degrading another product, simply if you make a bad purchase learn from it and move on. Educated buyers hopefully will make dare I say it "The cream rise to the top". We cannot try to control things by whining or pushing our views on people.We need to live our lives within our own values, and principles. Then by the will of the people the wants and needs will become apparent. Ebb and flow, leaders and followers, make your decisions and don't worry about the other guy, if he makes a bad decision oh well.
Take care of yourself and let the chips fall, "the cream will rise to the top". You can follow me if you want to, or whine and sniffle. I lead by example, nothing to hide here. Just the opinion of this working man.
You are my kinda guy. I can't argue with anything you said. I especially agree with your suggestion that you represent the middle class. Except the fact that you have your house paid down so well :-). Most dont.

Old 06-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

LOL, it is heating up.... you no longer argue with any logic... take a deep breath and count to ten... then post again. BTW, he is not my top guy. I do not work for GM.[/quote]

My "dense" comment was out of line and I apologize. But, every argument I have made is based on fact and logic along with an understanding of how the global economy works. My statements have all been proven true through history.

I will just agree to disagree and leave it at that. Niether of us will convice the other of our point of view. Geez...I am glad we didn't intoduce politics.

BTW...on a more civil note, I really like your dock set up. Due to our lack of decent water in this part of the state, I have my boat in a marina on the Ohio. It is a very fun place to boat with several food choices and more partying than I care to do. But, your waterway looks very clean and not very congested.

Old 06-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

Thanks, I try to keep it simple, it works.

Quick Reply: Why buy American