Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Why buy American

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While it is true that almost nothing is 100% American made, if you stick with an product made as much in American made as possible, owned by an American company, most of the profits at least stay here.
At the very least, I try not to buy too much from countries that seem hostile to the US. Again, in this day & age, it is hard to do, but I at least try.
Farmr

Old 05-02-2002, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

geez..
I must be missing something here.. while I would prefer to buy american, sometimes the choices are just not there, & in a global economy, it really dosen't mean what you think it should..

American companies are moving the manufacturing facilities out of the usa, & keeping the corporate offices in the states..reasons are TAX LAWS, labor rates, land & capital outlays...

The Non American Companies are building assembly plants in the USA to better market their products, & avoid import tarrifs..Mercedes in ALA, Kawasaki in Nebraska, Honda in the Usa, etc..

about 30% or more of a american made product is made out of imported parts..so the picture gets blurry...

I have a Husky chainsaw, becuase it performs better than a USA model..I have a Homelite blower, but it has a Japaneese motor in it..I have a Chevy Truck, Ford truck, but some of the electronics are Japaneese or canadian, or assembled in mexico.. I have 2 Yamaha Bikes..they were a better value & warranty, better engineering than the US models..(IMHO) so in a global market place, the consumer wins..I won't settle for less performance, more $$, etc just to say I bought american.. I WILL buy american if they do their homework & make a better product with equal features for the same or a little more $$.. Some of the american products are more costly here in the usa becuase they are made for export..

OK..I'm done for this Now..no more oil questions either..or politics..I'm going for a ride now..

Old 05-02-2002, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

I am sorry for that character in the little fiction story who could not find an American job. But we all make our own destiny. I went to college and got smart; or at least I believe in my own mind that I got smart. I make good money but own a Japanese vehicle. I got burned once on American and my Toyota goes and goes. Selfishly, it saves me money. I did recently buy a Ford Expedition though so I am giving American-made vehicles a chance.

God I love America and I was a true patriot before the 9/11 incident. But that did not change my mind to buy a rice burning ATV. So far it has been bulletproof with reliability. Hope it stays that way.

Daryn

Old 05-26-2005, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

From the news today;

If you deny the Pentagon the best product available because it's foreign-made, you undermine American interests. Given that more and more products are global, made of parts manufactured throughout the world, the difference between a foreign-made and domestic product is shrinking by the day.

When the Army decides on a new battlefield cargo-transport plane this summer, it will be choosing between an Italian and a Spanish aircraft because no one in the U.S. makes what the Army wants. (it does have our Propellers on it though - which is good for me)

Industry officials say the aerospace industry is particularly globalized because manufacturers buy parts from around the world. The cargo-transport deal "may be more typical of the future than it is of the past," says president of EADS North America, the U.S. subsidiary of a French-German concern that wants to sell the Air Force refueling tankers.

That's simply the world as we find it today. It's neither good nor bad, it just is -- and [we] have to wake up to that fact. Globalization and national security can be reconciled. Trade-offs will always have to be made, and nothing will be perfect. But nativism is worse. The sooner Congress and the export-control bureaucracy see that, the better off we all will be.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Why buy American

I can't get over people thinking they have a American made quad if it is a Polaris. It is no more American than some of the Jap brands. There is American Honda, a lot of Yamaha is in America now. And I believe Suzuki is starting to merge a little more over here. I like American products, but sometimes you can get the same thing or even better at half the cost.

And for the guys that is looking for a job, if he is that had up for a job, he wouldn't be lounging around having a drink IMO.

Old 05-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default Why buy American

I'am a eton youth atv dealer which is in real good with ford motor company makeing hard parts for them + one more thing to look at the phoenix 200 is made in tawain i know alot of you guy's on here know that but most of the u.s consumer's out there dont know that one more thing eton is in tawain. I'am also a kymco dealer which is in tawain i'am happy to be a dealer for both company's as i know as far as the atv buisness go's where stuff's being made.

Old 05-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default Why buy American

huh and here I thought we were going to be talking about polaris quads.... strange forum topic guys.

Old 05-26-2005, 09:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

atleast the liberty motors are made here.

i think most the parts on the twin pistons are made in USA, exept for the injectors and ECU, thats Bosch (germany)

Old 05-26-2005, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why buy American

I bye american as much as possible. Though i do have a kawasaki, ill keep that at the only large japanese product. I have gm produckt also. And for the people who say, its alright to buy honda, toyota and the other jap companies, i dont balieve in that. What they say is, well its made in america and i say for every one person that builds a car on the line for honda, there is 100 more japs recieving that money from that car sold. None of that money goes to america but it goes back to japan. THen people say well allot of the american cars are outsourcing when getting some parts and such, well its hard not to when they have to compete with the jap cars being sold. Its always better to buy american. And not trying to be racist in these comments. peace

Old 05-26-2005, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

Hey alwaysride. I agree wholehardedly with you. My sleds and jetskis are Bombardier, but everything else is from a US company.
Have a great day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
BryceGTX

Quick Reply: Why buy American