Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Why buy American

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Why buy American

I tell you what . To all the people that say buy American are so narrow minded. Thats what makes this country the way it is. I am a master tech for Toyota and can tell you that MOST Toyota cars are more American then most American cars. Last year they recycled 500 million tons of American steel. The most of any car company. This keeps the steel workers in business. The steel is used for the frames, and body parts. There are Toyota plants in Canada , Kentucky and Mexico. They pay me very well to learn how to work on all the Toyota cars. They are doing more for the environment then any other American car company. It is called Toyota of America. Run by Americans, built by Americans and sold by Americans. If you cant get more American then that then you are missing something. All the GM cars have Jap and Chinese parts. Heck alot of the GM motors are made by Toyota. And yes they are made in America. America would fall apart if we relied on just American companies and products. Foreign companies keep us Americans with a paycheck in our pockets. If you really believed that you just want to buy American then you better become Amish. Amish are the ONLY people in America that truely buy American. And they are not narrow minded people.

Old 05-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why buy American

amish make most everything they own too

Old 05-27-2005, 05:38 AM
Range Rover
Default Why buy American

Are all Polaris quads made in Canada? I know mine was, or at least thats what the Manufacturer Label says. Now Im gonna let everybody in on a secret, everything you buy is American. Even if it says, MADE IN CHINA, MADE IN TAIWAN, TOYOTA, HONDA, SUBARU etc etc, its American. Heres what I mean- Whats your last name? Where were your ancestors from? My name is Irish, does that mean Im not American? I dont have red hair, pail skin color, green eyes or a sticker that says otherwise. My great great great......... grandfather was Irish, grandmother german. From there on, there were many different Nationalities introduced and reproduced into my family making me what I am today, a full blooded AMERICAN. Theres a German Lady that works for me, according to her, Americans are MUTTS. Yes she does mean like dogs. We got a little bit of everything in us. Personally, I dont find anything wrong with that. The same goes for Cars, Trucks, stereos, ATV's, wheel chairs, whatever. They all have a little of everything in them and THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. And Im sorry to burst your bubbles, even the Amish. Where do you think that Reflective Triangle on the Back of there buggy came from? There really isnt anything that you can buy now that is 100% "American" and there hasnt been for a really long time, I have accepted this and if you havent, then you really should educate yourself. Its not a preference, its our way of life.

To make a long story short, the only thing the name of a product tells you is where the big guy in that company sits.

Old 05-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

You guys make some excellent points. I think most everyone knows that it is impossible to buy anything that does not have foreign content. However, our blooming trade deficit was created because our money goes off shore. Now if I can keep at least the profits from my purchase from going offshore by buying from an American company, then it seems as if it is better for the US economy. Working for foreign companies is not the problem, its buying from them that creates the deficit. Thats why I say it is not the American workers that create the deficit, it the American consumers. As a result, I think it is great that Toyota buys from US steel companies. It agrees with my philosophy. I am sure Toyota is a fine company. But GM is just as good. When I see 50% of the cars in Japan are GM, Ford and Chrysler then I will become less concerned. I wonder about what happens if GM goes out of business because American consumers only buy Japanese cars. Every retired GM employee comes without retirement benifits. It will then be the responsibility of American taxpayers to take up the slack. This is already happening in other American companies, so what if we add one more company. It seems to me that Honda, Toyota, Mazda.... all have a leg up on the US automakers in that they are not supporting a huge group of retirees in the US. However, in 20-40 years, they will be in the same boat. Then their only recourse will be to raise the price of their vehicles. By then all US companies are dead anyway, so there is no competition to keep them from raising prices. Right now it seems that many American companies are in survival mode. That is they are desperately attempting to reduce costs to compete with the prices of the imports. I would hate to see GM go the way of the US consumer electronics and textiles. My concerns about GM are not limited to GM.. It seems that many US industries are fighting a similar battle. Hey, maybe you guys are right.. Maybe we should quit buying GM.. If GM is as bad as what people seem to think and the Jap companies are so great, then maybe GM should die. I have not come to that realization yet.
BryceGTX

Old 05-27-2005, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

I will not say buy american, because you will go without alot of basic things we need! I will say this, if you have a choice between buying something for $20 from china or paying $21 for Union made, than please go with the union made! You may think it is wrong to pay more for something, but $15 of the china item is going to them and $5 to the workers verses $11 goes to the company and the $10 goes to an american worker who pays taxes, coaches kids sports, donates free time for good causes(cancer, diabetes, ect..), spends his money in the US. Its your choice, you earned the money you spend, but just remember there are alot of hard working americans that depend on each other to make a living. Our nation has become a country that BOTH parents have to work! It has become the norm. That means someone else is raising our children! Is that the place you want to live? I work my a$$ off to have what I have, my wife raises our kids. With a single income it is hard. So saving that $1 may be important to you, but our kids, and american families is whats important to me. That is what being an american is about, choice! So those that say "buy american" have good intentions, its just not always possible these days. But if you can spend your money so it goes to american WORKERS like many foreign companys that own american plants now do, than you are still buying from american workers. That is what is important!

Old 05-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default Why buy American

I can't make a point that wasn't already made but... I drive a Ford f150, Buick Regal GS, Polaris Magnum and I work for a company that mostly builds Steel Mills in foreign countries... GO Figure.... Buy what you like and enjoy it... Buy what make you feel better and have fun!!!

Old 05-28-2005, 05:54 AM
Range Rover
Default Why buy American

Originally posted by: RobRuf
I can't make a point that wasn't already made but... I drive a Ford f150, Buick Regal GS, Polaris Magnum and I work for a company that mostly builds Steel Mills in foreign countries... GO Figure.... Buy what you like and enjoy it... Buy what make you feel better and have fun!!!

AMEN to that brother!!

Old 05-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Trailblazer
Default Why buy American

i when i think buy american, i think of buying from an american company.. yeah it may have some japanese parts in it, but the money for the most part is staying in the u.s. i work at ford and buy fords, i know for sure that not every part is made here, but the money i spend on it is going toward my retirement and profit sharing, not someone in japan.

Old 05-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Range Rover
Default Why buy American

I have yet to see a polaris made in Canada, there is Canadian content in the Polaris as in GM, Ford, and Chrysler etc. The label that someone stated said made in Canada refers to the component, not the machine. It is not just the American way of life that is threatened by cheap off shore labor. It is North America way of life. By North American I'm refering to USA and Canada. There is no other country so dependant on the USA for trade than Canada. The culture and customs of both nations are closer than any other two countries in the world. I will spend a little more to buy something made in the USA even though I'm Canadian, as I know this will benefit both nations. If it's made anywhere in the good old USA I'll spend a little more for the product, as I know I can usually get it fix or serviced. Most offshore goods are hard to get serviced and good luck trying to get replacement parts. If it's made in the USA it's made by my American brothers. When you buy off shore your putting North Americans out of work and eventually out of there jobs, be it Americans or Canadians. And yes I own two Polaris's machines and have always bought North American cars.

Old 05-29-2005, 12:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Why buy American

On the nose cover of the Polaris machines there is a sticker with a barcode and vin#. Below that vin# it says made in Canada and it has the Maple leaf. All of the Polaris atv's that I have had or friends have also have this sticker. Maybe you dont have these stickers because they are not imported to you but I do know the ones here in the US are made in Canada.

Quick Reply: Why buy American