Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anyone see the crap about the new Rincon?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Audi! That's it. My bad.

Old 07-12-2002, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

yeah, that rang a bell, i knew it was a GM product

Old 07-12-2002, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

Yep Yep, Audi's are another fine GM product! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

edit added: My bad or were you refering to the Chevy Insight?

Old 07-12-2002, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

my bad, i got audi mixed up with sabb

Old 07-13-2002, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

I still think even if the trannies are reliable, you can't deny that things will go wrong with them, and for those who get a bad tranny, or someone who uses it very hard, will be very expensive to fix. CVT's are not as expensive or complicated to maintain, fix, or replace as an automotive tranny, unless maybe you rebuild transmisions for a living, but for the many who are not, you get my point.
I also feel that everything on the quad that is electronic will cause problems, I know they have been somewhat reliable in the past, but this new Rincon seems to use more electronics than before, and correct me if I'm wrong, but, electronics and water and mud, never went well together, I mean, who am I to say that, I'm just going through Electronic Engineering in College, I wouldn't know much about electronics.

Old 07-13-2002, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

I still think even if the trannies are reliable, you can't deny that things will go wrong with them, and for those who get a bad tranny, or someone who uses it very hard, will be very expensive to fix. CVT's are not as expensive or complicated to maintain, fix, or replace as an automotive tranny, unless maybe you rebuild transmisions for a living, but for the many who are not, you get my point.
I also feel that everything on the quad that is electronic will cause problems, I know they have been somewhat reliable in the past, but this new Rincon seems to use more electronics than before, and correct me if I'm wrong, but, electronics and water and mud, never went well together, I mean, who am I to say that, I'm just going through Electronic Engineering in College, I wouldn't know much about electronics.

Old 07-14-2002, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

I see your point, and these new transmitions are nice, no belts to slip, although mine has never slipped, and better power delivery. But the fact remains that if my transmition goes out when i'm driving through town, no big deal, I can walk somewhere and get help and a tow, but I also dont' drive my vehicle hundereds of miles from home in the middle of nowhere.
You see, out in the woods, there are no tow trucks, and you can't just walk to the closest shop, or autoparts store( you could, but it would take you a while) But with a belt, take the cover off, and replace the belt, or work on whatever needs to be fixed to get you back on the trail. I would feel safer knowing I carry an extra belt and some tools to get me back, but if my automotive tranny goes out 50 miles from the nearest stop, then you are screwed, and your butt is walkin.

Old 07-14-2002, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

Just to put in my .02 there have been numerous good points brought up in this post. I think one point everyone has left out is the fact that there is going to be a considerable power drain on the Rincon's motor to turn a torque converter 3 speed.

Honda has said that this is going to be the quad of the century or whatever, but the fact remains, 4x4 quad riders want big power too. That's why I bought my Kawie 650. I think a lot of guys who have posted here are pi$$ed because Honda has made their new Rincon out to be "the quad to beat".

I say BRING IT!! Let's get this new badboy out for a rip and see what she can do. That's the only true measure of how it will be.

Old 07-14-2002, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

<<yeah, that rang a bell, i knew it was a GM product>>
<<my bad, i got audi mixed up with sabb>>

Yeah, I was gonna say... Audi has long since been a part of the Volkswagen Automotive Group (VW, Porsche, and Audi, who subsequently owns Lamborghini). And, for the record, Saab has actually only been owned by GM for 12 years or so (January of '90 was when the "merger" occured).

<<Yep Yep, Audi's are another fine GM product!

edit added: My bad or were you refering to the Chevy Insight? >>

I'm hoping that this is just a pile of sarcasm here... if anything, it'd be a Chevy Prius... (Toyota and GM are apparently in bed together, though you'd hardly know it lest you look at the Matrix/Vibe or Corolla/Prism).

Can you tell that my first area of expertise is not ATVs? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2002, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

how many honda's do you see on the side of the trail broken down? anyways someone will tow you home, ya know most people drive in groups, not alone

Quick Reply: Anyone see the crap about the new Rincon?