Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

FMF pipe on Scrambler 400 any thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 08:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trail- HPD pipe looks better cost more, RCR not the best looking but cant see most of it anyway cost less. Rick carry both. both perform about the same. (TRAIL PIPES) Airbox mod I didnt ride in much water so the front of my box came comp. off with a UNI inside worked real good still have it in the shop whole two rides on that filter. PM if intrested then you could keep your stock box for deep water rides.
Rick will set you up with the clutching you will need. Throw in some reeds lose a little weight and you will not belive the diff. from stock. That is a good combo to start with IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO FULL RACE MODS. you can move up to trail port milled head and carb later and have a very respectable bike.

If you think you may go race mods trust me and do it the first time I threw away money for a setup I used two rides before I went full race.(Thats what happens when your friends are faster then you)

For full race HPD is a well known company that does good work. Are they people building faster bikes out there right now? Cant say for sure dont get a chance to see a lot of diff. Polaris run. There is a
lot of smaller companys doing some intresting stuff with them besides HPD though.

Just call Rick tell him what you want the bike to do and he will take care of you.