Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman 700 = Very Disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the post Jeff,
I've been thinking about a new 600/700 and am glad to hear things like this. Helps us all make informed decisions.
Just ignore all these guys giving you a hard time, you spent good money on this thing, you deserve better.

Old 09-27-2002, 10:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think perhaps you've missed the point. I am and have been a Polaris fan for many years. But simply being a fan of their products does not mean that I'm willing to accept a poor quality machine.

Old 09-27-2002, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Man, these Polaris guys sure are touchy!! WTF?

Dude bought a brand new quad and is having a prob. with it. Why jump HIS case? Calling him a child because he spent 7 GRAND and is having trouble and thought he would pass it along??! I would be pissed, too, regardless of the make, as would EACH and EVERY one of you. Why not offer support or remedies instead of acting like the "picked on little kid" that jumps straight on the defensive side?

Don't take "no" for an answer Jeff, if they come back and try to not cover it. Give 'em Holy He!! if you have to. Hopefully everything will be great from this point on. Otherwise, sell it and buy a P650! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

BTW-Thanks for your report. It's ALWAYS good to hear these things, good or bad.

Old 09-27-2002, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

Stebob ( and whoever )

My comment about the child was made to "PolarisPower500" and his sny remark:

<Stop crying you damn fool. It's fixed now, ride it. How much do you want for it? I'll take it off your hands but I won't give much for that piece of junk.> to JeffA.

Sorry Jeff if you thought my comment was directed to you. Just too many smart A$$ kids on these forums. I too appreciate your upfrontness about your problems with the 700. Isnt that what these forums are for?? Keep us informed.

Thx

Ken

Old 09-27-2002, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

DesertSportman,

My appologies to you. Honestly, I did think you were directing that to Jeff. I can see now where you would have been talking to the "child". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You are so right, too many of them on here.

Jeff,
Yes! Please do keep us informed on how this turns out for you.

Old 09-28-2002, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

Jeff, Sorry to here about your troubles with the 700. We all take a little risk buying our machines. Most dealers don't even have a test riding area let alone a testing "period". I am glad you posted the problems you have had. That is what makes these forums what they are. Maybe some of the kids on these forums will understand that all ATV owners can help each other with their problems. Instead of jabbing constantly at each other!!!

I hope all works out, I know all will!!!

Old 09-28-2002, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

EXACTLY!!! I love this forum because it is a great place to learn and to share personal experiences so others can learn. I also like being able to vent when my POS 700 breaks again, and to warn others about potential problems. I don't like the personal attacks on people, however I think a friendly rivalry between brands is a good thing.
I don't think anybody buys a machine based solely on it's reliability--there's usually some personal preference going on, am I right? The first year comment was right on the money, I know better and bought one anyway. hopefully the 2003 700s will be able to "hold their water" (coolant).
I've had a ton of problems with my 700, but there is no other machine I want to ride. I've driven nearly everything out there, and nothing suits me and my riding style like Polaris. I don't want to start bashing, but I could list the reasons I won't buy a Prairie or a Grizzly. The reliability is a problem, but it's performance when it does work is what I love. Oh, and by the way, if I do tend to bash the other brands, at least I do it here among Polaris folks, rather than going into another forum trying to pick fights. We've all seen that enough times.

Old 09-28-2002, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

It is a shame Polaris is having these "glitches" with the 700. Polaris has a good record for doing recalls and the best record for making improvements in their quads as soon as they figure them out, not just waiting for the next model year like other manufacturers. This is Polaris first U.S. made motor in a quad, they will catch up with their Fugi counterparts. Meanwhile I think the new 600 and the 700 are good machines, despite some first year glitches. I think your dealer could be a little more cooperative. If he doesn't respond to politeness, maybe you should work the other end.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2002, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

JeffA,

I'm just making sure your comment,

<< I think perhaps you've missed the point. I am and have been a Polaris fan for many years. But simply being a fan of their products does not mean that I'm willing to accept a poor quality machine. >>

, wasn't directed at 2manytoys's comment. 2manytoys was talking to wheelinforlife, who made this reply:

<< hey man its all right we all make mistakes, just dont buy polaris agian! yeah cut the guy some slack,polaris are **** >>

Just clearing things up.

Old 09-28-2002, 08:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks to all for your feedback and support. I will keep you updated on the progress of this situation.

By the way just took it out for its first good romp since it got out of the shop. So far so good. They do move down the road.

Quick Reply: Sportsman 700 = Very Disappointed