Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Plow review

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 01:55 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Plow review

Got 8 inches of snow today and got to test out my new polaris snow plow set up. My brother has the moose setup. Both 60" plows.

Ease of installation - Polaris gets the thumbs up on this one. One pin in the rear and one pin in the front, front plate mounts with spin ****. Only wish the front pin was tapered to make installation a little quicker. It's a snug fit. The moose installation my brother had to crawl under his machine and bolt up the mounting plate, after bolting up the mounting plate he bolted on the plow frame. ON the moose the mounting plate stays on during the winter. Hand low and tends to get bashed on rocks. We already had to take a torch to it to straighten it out.

Time of installation - Goes to polaris - Starting with both bikes with no mounting plates or plows installed the polaris system easily won. Pin , pin, screw on mounting plate in amount 2 mins. Moose get the wrenches , crawl under machine ,attach plate, attach plow.

Controls - Draw. Both controls are almost identical.

Blade Weight - goes to Moose. The moose plows appears to be slightly heavier. It's also a little taller.

Plowing - Goes to Polaris - The deluxe plow system works well and keeps the quad from shifting back and forth. The moose system caused the bike to rock.

Color choice - Goes to moose. Polaris only came in black.

Price - Goes to moose. Barely. The moose plow was only about 50 dollars cheaper. But , the disadvantage of reducing your ground clearance makes the extra 50 bucks worth it.

Anyone interested in getting a plow I would recomend the polaris set up. It's a darn nice piece.

Old 12-06-2002, 06:28 AM
Pro Rider

I have 2 of the polaris plows,and I took the front mount plate off so it dident get banged up rock climbing a couple months ago.
Well now I forget how it was mounted ?I know what 4 holes it goes in,
but I cant figure where the little round bolt spacers go.
Any help would be great.
ps
The one I'm having problems with is the Deluxe mount??

Old 12-06-2002, 09:01 PM
Trailblazer

Thnx for the review!

Im have been sold on the Polaris set-up for a few weeks now. If my truck/plow sells soon Ill be sure to go buy it.

Old 12-07-2002, 02:50 AM
Pro Rider

You can get blade covers that go on the front of the blade to keep snow from sticking on it. They come in red, yellow and black and are available from Polaris.

Just an F.Y.I. if you really want a different color blade.

Old 12-07-2002, 09:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

I also have the Polaris plow on my SP700. This is the third Polaris plow I have owned and is by far the best. Started out using the winch to operate it but went back and got the handle. Like it much better. Creepster the front pin you were talking about, I went to TSC and bought a 3/4" pin with a handle and cotter pin used for tractor implements and now use it to attach the scissor to the bike. It is tappered at the end and with the handle easy to put in and remove.