Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HEELCLICKER CLUTCHES

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 10:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEELCLICKER CLUTCHES

See that there are some questions about the HEELCLICKER CLUTCH KIT. I will try to answer what questions I can an will find answers for ones I can't answer so shoot away.
I don't work for HEELCLICKER, am just one happy customer that wants to share a positive experience with others, an maybe save you some money at same time. I can speak from experience as I have one installed on my 700 an will have one on my HONEYS 500 just shortly. I live at higher altitude an we lose alot of power, I was kind of happy with the 700 but in ways was kind of dissapointed with it, thought I was useing low way to much. After installing the HEELCLICKER I'm one happy camper, I used stock spring in the PRIMARY clutch an installed the supplied spring in the SECONDARY. I now have engagement just off idle an is instant hookup with alot less lag than before. Belt slip is thing of the past, I have ridden allday in extreme trails with roots/ rocks /steep hills an what have ya, I didn't use low allday long. I had even stopred on uphill grade an took off in HIGH no prob-lem-o. Just had to ride double for a day an same thing until got in some tight turns with steep up hill an nervous passenger I was in HIGH all the way. It has really improved the EBS also, it's way more controllable (not sure thats a word) I have been on some real steep hills with loose base an it was awsome. If I can do the install so can you, it's real easy an HEELCLICKER has site with many pics that walk you through the install, you don't have to understand what they are saying you can see it. If you want more info on where to buy an how much just holler at me. I know many guy's that have installed one here lately an they are all happy, well except one an I won't go into that, sometimes we cause our own problems but would rather put blame on someone else LOL. COB

Old 12-09-2002, 11:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks COB for coming to the connection. I know people here will benefit from your post and will see what a great product the Heelclicker is. I know people that would swear on thier life about the kit. I dont have one because i have a modded 250 and dont think they make one for the TB. Mine is ok but i can feel some slippage. I feel alot less since the HPD kit and kevlar belt but i know it can be better.

Old 12-09-2002, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

hi Jerry,

Will the HEELCLICKER fit the 4 post Comet clutches on the Prairie 650, I have thunder adj weights now but had to do a lot of grinding to get them to fit.

by the way, your not related to Sparks racing are you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for any infro!

Old 12-09-2002, 12:04 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Cob didn't know you ventured to other forums. Nice to see you. Any way I have a question. Would the Heelclicker be a good investment for the Scrambler 400? Do you know anyone who has tried it?

Old 12-09-2002, 07:12 PM
Range Rover

I bought the Heelclicker set for a 400 scrambler to put in my modified Xplorer 400. Should have it installed by the 13th (if i don't mess anything up) and will be trying it out on the trails this weekend if it does not rain. If your's is non-ebs then read the section on their website about changing your secondary spring setting to a 1:1. It will give you engine braking but not as aggressive initial braking as on the 500 HO's. I'll post something this weekend if i get to try it out.
later
hunt

Old 12-09-2002, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

A note on the Heelclicker, You must have the new style cover. The old style covers do not have enough clearance for the sholder of the weight at full shift out. The new style can be swapped.

Old 12-09-2002, 10:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

The HEELCLICKER right now will only fit the POLARIS line. But they are working on kits for both the GRIZZ an the 650. As MUDDOG says you have to have the newer style cover 01 an up have them. I would say yes as to the 400 scrambler it should really make a diff in it, like I say I use low very seldom now. On the HEELCLICKER site you'll see a flashing thing that says "WHATS NEW " click on that for great info, it will have a drop down menu, also read the article understanding clutching. Then at top click on FAQ that will lead you to the setup. Also don't miss 24/7 at very top right side as there are more pics there also. COB