Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator, Cannondale, Z400, Raptor shootout

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003 | 11:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Predator, Cannondale, Z400, Raptor shootout

Plain and simple, Dirt Wheels wont' give Polaris a full thumbs up. Just like ATV Action (related) they could only comment about fasteners and the tank plastic. This just proves to me that Polaris did this thing right. They won't admit it. When has Dirt Wheels ever not put their two cents in on a shoot-out. Claiming this is how we see it, so it must be gospel. Give me the woods, I'll take the point and shoot perfect ride qualities of the Predator any day. It isn't fun til you get some tree bark on the jersey!!! C'mon Dirt Wheels, swallow your pride.....you know you want a Predator.

Soapbox yahoo,
Ken

Old 01-23-2003 | 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

I agree DW will never give it the deserved credit it deserves.I myself wouldnt like such a narrow quad in trails.ESPECIALLY the ones with such large ruts!Personally i think the prerdator would beat the raptor in a drag, and ill stand by that until i get mine and race my friends.They probably still didnt give the cannondale a pat on the back either, but thats happened in all cannondal;e shootouts.

Old 01-23-2003 | 01:27 PM
Trailblazer

I thought the shootout was pretty good until I got to the end, expecting the predator (or even the cdale) to take the win. They did rave about the predator and after reading the article you would think it was the best performance quad. I think the problems they posted about the high speed shifting were in there so the predator didn't look too good. Hats off to polaris for building a kickin machine.

Old 01-23-2003 | 02:06 PM
Trailblazer

I haven't seen the article in question, but looking at things from the magazine's perspective, shootouts present lots of problems. Pick a winner, get blasted by everyone who owns one of the other Quads in the shootout, and risk alienating the manufacturers who provide the advertising dollars that keep the magazine going, or don't pick a winner, still get blasted by everyone who thinks their Quad should have won, get a reputation for being wishy-washy, and watch your publication dry up and blow away anyway. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, I'd just rather be riding.

Old 01-23-2003 | 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

Sometimes I just don't understand the magazines. There has been video footage and a full test between a predator and the cannondale, they said the predator was faster. So how is it that the predator loses to a raptor but the raptor loses to a cannondale? If any info is incorrect let me know, but I think that the magazines are full of cr@p!

Old 01-23-2003 | 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

I've read a lot of shootouts through the years in DW mag. If I'm wrong, please let me know, but I don't ever remember them having a shootout and not declaring a winner. What's up with this. Is it that they don't want to admit the Predator beat there Z-400. Or a American Co. can compete with the Foriegn one's.

Old 01-23-2003 | 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

When I read the article it talk about THIER Z400, maybe thats the one they got for free from Suzuki for having the Z400 win the high performance shootout.

Old 01-23-2003 | 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

WAA WAA WAA! You all know you have the best, fastest quad made no matter what anyone says! I love it they made up the tranny stuff, come on guys give it up! Atv action also claimed they were not thrilled with the tranny they must have lied too. It really amazes me! One test will have a Raptor slightly faster another a Canondale yet another a Banshee. First thing everyone cries they must be lieing! Last year they said this one was faster than that one! Does anyone ever think maybe just maybe all the quads that come off the assembly line are not all the exact same speed? Maybe the type of terrain favored one quad over another? Maybe one was a real runner maybe another was a real lemon! The Predator is a nice quad it is not perfect, no quad is, Why do you all feel the need to have a magazine anoint it the king? and cry like babies because they don't ( this is not directed to everyone just the ones who complain and call them liers cause they do not say what they want to hear).

Nocando

Old 01-24-2003 | 01:16 AM
Trailblazer

Hey guys i seen in a issue way back when the cdale first come out that they had all the performance quads raptor ds 650 banshee and 400ex and cdale (when it was the fx 400 ) well they had top speed numbers and the cdale out ran the raptor by i think it was one miler per hour. if anybody still has that issue check it out it was along time ago i cant find mine. Well hows come the predator is the same as the cdale and they both cant out run the raptor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]????

Old 01-24-2003 | 01:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I need to be burped. Raptor....we're not crying, we're just emphasizing the facts, and it's been proven by a direct quote from the Dirt Wheels editor...they don't like Polaris. Somewhere, somehow, someone pee'd on their Wheaties, and they can't get over it. All we're doing is venting about the biased "journalism" they exhibit. Look at the Rap, they never let the trans, and carb coughing down. Look at the Dale's, the steering recalls. When was the last time you heard them dis the Z-400 for the axles and the cracking a-arm mounts. Personally, Dirty Wheels makes me laugh....that's why I like doing things for ATV Sport. Besides, I think I pooped my pants....oh, yea, not supposed to complain. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ken

Quick Reply: Predator, Cannondale, Z400, Raptor shootout