Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator, Cannondale, Z400, Raptor shootout

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003 | 09:34 AM
Range Rover
Default Predator, Cannondale, Z400, Raptor shootout

I know which quad they are going to pick before I even read the article...Suzuki. It's amazing how they praise the other quads to build them up and then in one sentence they tear them back down so they can make a better statement about the Suzuki.

I don't have anything against the Suzuki and I know it is a nice quad. I just don't see how they justify it as the best in every shootout.

Suzuki wins:
Best New Utility
Best New 2 Stroke
Best New 4x4
Best New Everything!

The reason it is the best is because they pay us the best!

OK I'm just having fun!! Don't pick on my Warrior!

Old 01-24-2003 | 09:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

I think the reason the raptor wins the drag race is because it is a very short distance. The drag race in ATV action was only 100 yds, and I don't think the quads hit top speed in that short a distance.

Old 01-24-2003 | 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

Plain and simple, Dirt Wheels wont' give Polaris a full thumbs up. Just like ATV Action (related) they could only comment about fasteners and the tank plastic. This just proves to me that Polaris did this thing right. They won't admit it. When has Dirt Wheels ever not put their two cents in on a shoot-out. Claiming this is how we see it, so it must be gospel. Give me the woods, I'll take the point and shoot perfect ride qualities of the Predator any day. It isn't fun til you get some tree bark on the jersey!!! C'mon Dirt Wheels, swallow your pride.....you know you want a Predator.

I would have to agree.

Old 01-24-2003 | 01:08 PM
|
Pro Rider

I thought they praised the snot out of the Predator. Maybe the Raptor wins the drags because it is a minimum of 160 ccs bigger than the next largest competitor. Dirtwheels has mentioned the weak axles on the Z. The last shootout I read with the Z, they claimed that they didn't get to the dragstrip because the Z had a weak axle, and they bent it doing some everyday riding.

It also seams that with the onslaught of all this new sport bike advertising, they are not picking a winner, just "what suits you is the winner" That's horse crap. There's got to be a winner, that's why I read the shootouts.

Overall, I thought this shootout was a decent informative article. I thought they were clearly going to pick the Predator.

Old 01-24-2003 | 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

Go Raptor's ,Best all around sport quad!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2003 | 04:42 PM
|
Pro Rider

I wouldn't go that far..........

Old 01-24-2003 | 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

I just did!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2003 | 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

I just finished reading the artcle and i think it was a rather good piece of information.Why they did not pick a winner because of a full wave of advertisment, and the mags see this as a blissful opertunity for $.So, they take the neutral ruite saying that they are all great bikes,but really though
what would you do?Now we should just soak in all the great bikes that the makers made here or there made for our enjoyment.

Old 01-24-2003 | 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with you, they're all great bikes. My only beef is that they nit picked the Pred on a few small, user preference issues and made them out to be a big deal. A lot of people read DW, and they see them putting down the predator like that. The issues that DW targets on the Predator are minor, but they make them out to be a big deal. I'm sure their will be a few issues with the Predator, but so far they seem to be less then the rappy's first year( bad trannys and weak first axles ) ( z400 weak axles ) (cannondales bad flywheels). So far, though it's only been two months, the predator's hick-ups have been just that hick-ups.

Another thing. When polaris first started out using automatic and full floorboards, they were knocked down for their innovations. Now their standard features on most quads and are praised on other machines. Now to the present. Polaris brings their PRO steering system over (nice new innovation for atv's), and several magazines have knocked it, not for how it works, which is great, but because they think it will be a weak point (all the moving parts). Now I bet someone else will copy polaris and be praised for it. Just watch.

Old 01-26-2003 | 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

Stryder,

No doubt you're right about the pro steering copying part. I just wonder how long it will take.....

Quick Reply: Predator, Cannondale, Z400, Raptor shootout