Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator, Cannondale, Z400, Raptor shootout

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003 | 12:35 PM
Trailblazer
Default Predator, Cannondale, Z400, Raptor shootout

Originally posted by: RoostKing
Tres,
Whens the next time your heading out??? Im going For Pres day, maybe the weekend before as well

RoostKing..
Goin out this weekend and then again pres. day whooohooo can't get enough of that second fastest quad ever made!!! ( Glad they left the C-Dale Moto out of it ) Anyway wash 13.5 if you can make it.
Tres

Old 01-28-2003 | 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

http://www.dunereview.com/videos.htm
Go here and look at the ChokeCherry hill Cannondale/Raptor. The guy on this Cannondale just zips on past the Raptor.
I think DirtWheels is full of sh**.

Old 01-28-2003 | 04:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

ive seen all those videos, theyre great. But a lot of that has to do with the rider. If you hit it right, those raptors will go up choke cherry. yes, the c-dales and shees seem to carry more speed at the top of the hill though.

Old 01-29-2003 | 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

When was the last time you saw a Professional rider riding a Bone Stock Quad?
If im not mistaken a pro rider named Greg Stuart won the El Sinore Grand Prix on a STOCK MOTO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2003 | 12:50 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: thunderalley400ex
When was the last time you saw a Professional rider riding a Bone Stock Quad?
If im not mistaken a pro rider named Greg Stuart won the El Sinore Grand Prix on a STOCK MOTO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My initial comment was in response to a statement that was made about no Professional racer ever won a race in reverse.

I couldn't tell you if that guy won El Sinore or not, but I will Guarantee you, that C-Dale Moto was NOT right off the show room floor. I'm willing to bet that it had been tweeked (Suspention & Shock settings, maybe even Fuel Mapping) according to his riding style and for the conditions. To my knowledge, tha Quads in this shootout were tested as delivered.

Old 01-29-2003 | 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

yEAH, i like those videos, and that hill is pretty damm big. I just don't see how dirt wheels could come up with a Raptor ahead of a Cannibal in a drag or a Z beating them all out in the overall. They should race them 20 times with different riders with the same tires and tell us the results. I not trashing the Raptor but i believe a Cannibal weighes less and makes more HP. Of course the rider has all to do with it but when a lot of people pick up Dirt Wheels they just go by what they say. And some of the hype they print from the companies reps is such bull. I remember when the Raptor first came out someone from Yamaha said that the difference between the RAptor and DS650 is the same as the difference between the DS650 and a 400ex. Well we all know how wrong that is because stock they are pretty close. THey seem to like to print a lot of hype.

Old 01-29-2003 | 03:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I agree. Everytime a new machine comes out, its either the best or the worst, and by a huge margin. I remember when the Z came out, they were calling for the Raptor's head. and we all know how that turned out.

personally, i thing the best competition between 2 stock quads is the ds and raptor. everytime i have raced them, it has been neck and neck, often alternating winners. of course all of mine have been up hills.

btw, I dont think anyone ive seen here in michigan knows how to tune a quad with a pipe. every raptor and ds ive seen with one has ran about the same or worse than the stock. of course i race on a short 200yd hill, so the top end gain might not be kicking in. I can also beat all of the stock banshees i come up against, but i realize this has to do with the nature of the course i am riding on.

Old 01-29-2003 | 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

One thing i really like about the Raptor is how some simple mods really make it a beast. I was always under the asumption that 4 strokes would never be able to get more than 2-3 horses from a pipe and jet, like a 400ex. But if a Raptor is jetted the right way with a good pipe, look out. For the price after the mods for a Raptor and the price of say a Moto or Speed the Raptor is looking pretty good. I really don't know too much about the Predator yet.