Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The illest scrammy around!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 11:22 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The illest scrammy around!!!

hey guys,

i was wondering what the best mods are to put on a scrambler 500 4x4. I want great accelleration, as well as a good top end. i am planning to put in a clutch kit, and an exhaust system. I had raced a DS650 the other and got BEAT... I DONT LIKE THAT!! so i ma willing to pay as much as i need to beat the ***!! jkjk... this is sum of the mods my friend has on his scrammy 500....

hotseat exhaust sytem, clutch kit, k&n air filter, chrome rims with polish, all black body no stickers, nerfbars, itp holeshot tires, top end gasket kit, hotseat back grab bar, black covers for the head lights, black light guard (this gives it a good look, a mean one...haha) hot seat seat cover (black with red bun) hand guards, today he priced out a nitrous express system for around $500.00 with installtion. He's not planning on getting it soon, but for the future he wanted to know some prices, maybe in about 2 years he will buy it.

Those are pretty much all the mods he has, and I want to compete with him, haha. Any other ideas or any knowledge of any improvments would be greatly appreciated..

later
MuDsLiCa

Old 03-07-2003, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Whatcha done to the XCR to get that speed? Turbo?

Old 03-07-2003, 11:38 PM
Range Rover

yeah, you know how i was tlkn about the nitrous express on my friends quad?.... well i had a system installed on my bile, but back to the scrammy.............any ideas?

Old 03-08-2003, 12:15 AM
Elite Pro Rider

How about a 625cc big bore kit from Four Stroke Tech. You can also get a new cam, port and polish, some head work. If you want the best in mods go for the HPD Powermaxx exhaust, HPD aggressive clutch kit with Team Performance roller secondary clutch, K&N with jet kit, 42mm carb, HPD air box mod, so on so on. Hot Seat is good as is AAEN, but HPD is a step above the rest[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2003, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

I think your best chance of keeping up with that DS650 is a Four stroke Tech engine. The 500 engine isn't too responsive to bolt on mods, so a big bore kit is the best way to extract power from it. Get better tires, aluminum rims, remove some weight from the machine, and go on a diet yourself! If all else fails, race him in a foot of mud or in reverse!

Old 03-08-2003, 01:39 AM
Range Rover

thanks alot guys.......i need some more info on this big bore kit though, like prices, locations and so on.....my friend wants to know a little on it too.......................hahah i was at his house today and he comes out with all this stuff in his hands and he asks me "wanna do somthing crazy" i was like yeah sure and he tells me we're gonna build a custom stereo on his quad.....hahaha it was fun and it turned out cool..... he put it on his removable rack on his scrambler so when ever he dosent want it on he just slides off the rack.....he used a normal house stereo with a power inverter to a 12 volt battery.......we were blasting the music really loud (since his pipe is so loud) for like about 2 hrs straight and it didnt die once...so it turned out pretty good...lots of fun

Old 03-08-2003, 02:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider

They dont list the price for the bore and stroke kit so you will have to email or call them. Just had a crazy idea. How about dropping in a 2 stroke sled motor. maybe a700 or 800 cc polaris liberty engine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] There had been discussion about this before. Along as you the clutch to go with it and can get the pipes to fit it will work. Here is a link Thread

Trending Topics

Old 03-08-2003, 05:36 PM
Range Rover

yo what is......HPD Superduty Buttons.....what it do....how much....etc.

thanks alot

Old 03-08-2003, 05:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The HPD superduty buttons replace the stock plastic buttons on your secondary clutch with heavy duty aluminum ones. Most people's buttons wear out rather quickly when they do a clutch kit. The HPD buttons are nearly undestructable. For me, it was either these or get a roller secondary clutch. They are about $60 for the pack of 3. You can get them through RCR

Old 03-08-2003, 05:50 PM
Range Rover

anyone got sum pics of your creations????