Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Clutch kit for my 03 scrambler.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 12:13 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch kit for my 03 scrambler.

I prolly know this topic has ben beat to death but i am still lost. What would be the best clutch kit for my scrammy 500 4x4. What is back shift and what does this do and why would i want better back shift. What is the big deal with the heelclicker kit? Why is it better than the other brands? and what is the team roller clutch? Anyones opinion would be helpfull. My bike is stock except for a fmf megamax pipe. I plan on putting a clutch kit, air box mod, k&n filter, and rejetting the carb. I use the bike for everything but racing. (as we all know its not ment for).

Thank you for your time

Keith
03 scrambler 500
shock covers
aluminium skid plates
hand guards
tiny tach
fmf mega max pipe
dg front bumper

Old 03-10-2003, 12:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I would recommend the HPD agressive clutch kit. I just installed mine. I havent had it out on the trails yet but I can tell you that it definately gets the power to the ground. The team roller clutch replaces the buttons in the secondary clutch with ball bearings, i believe. Supposedly it is suppose to give you better acceleration , backshift, and upshift, whatever that is. Just my $.02

Old 03-10-2003, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

Well if it was me I would get HPD, That being said I found myself that the stock helix was best for me but I did change the primary spring secondary spring and wieghts with the HPD I do have there helix too but found the stock 40 degree ramp was perfect for what I do instead of 44/38 one I got from HPD I found that the 40 degree helix had better backshift so you might save yourself 70 or so dollars if you do not get the helix with it just thought you might want to know.
As far as backshift goes it is when you are on the throttle than let off and back on the throttle again it is the ability of the the clutch to gear down for that pull when you are back on the throttle something that the stock system does not have much of , the Team roller secondary will make a big improvement on upshift and back shift as well as being smooth. And as far as heelclickers go I do not know of anyone who has one on a Scrammy to compare too but I think that with a few minor adjustments a better primary spring than the ones that go with it HPDplain6 would be my choice or maybe somthing with a tad higher engagement just so it could wind up abit better before engagement .
If you could find someone to buy your pipe I would sell it and get the HPD one not that FmF does not make a good product I just think you will get better gains from HPD seeing that they specialize in polaris.
I do not mean too offend any scrammy owners who have the FmF megamaxx on there quads if it works good for you than that is all that matters it is just that i have a certian pref thats all

Just my 3 cents hope this helps

Old 03-10-2003, 05:06 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the help so far. I bought the pipe from my neighbor new for 70 bucks so i couldn't turn that deal down. Thanks for you help i understand a litle bit better now. BUt i would like more opinions. Thanks everyone so far

Keith

Old 03-10-2003, 11:59 PM
Trailblazer

hotseat......its good and a huge difference